v West Brom (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

There's a bit of me hoping it wasn't autocorrect that changed Dowell to Powell and that you did it deliberately as a sign of the high regard you hold him in ?

image.png.ed1ceb20d72e6490547a986d9915b841.png

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Srg said:

Imagine how we played yesterday, only make it even worse (somehow). 

WBA are very tall from set pieces and if we cannot compete at them we will get turned over fairly easily so davies and Forsyth are a must for me 

24 minutes ago, Yani P said:

WBA set up very attacking and very open at the back could be goals a plenty

I agree, Yani P.  They maybe in the top two at the moment and although they seem to score plenty of goals, they also are liable to concede quite a few as well. We've had some really decent results against them recently and should go into this game with confidence.  It will be interesting who plays up front now that Waggy is suspended and Chris Martin may be a doubt. 

Hamer; Lowe, Clarke, Evans, Bogle; Bird, Rooney; Knight, Sibley, Holmes; Martin.

Roos, Forsyth, Davies, Shinnie, Malone, Josefzoon, Whittaker, Brown, Hector-Ingram.

I'm never quite sure of what to make of WBA. Not really seen anything of them this season - I missed the home game as a result of a wedding. Doubt they'll look to snuff us out in the same way Forest did though, think we'll have a bit more time and space to play our way.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Serious question - with the games coming so frequently and the need for cool downs, lite warm up sessions is there actually any opportunity to do much training?

I doubt it. Probably a day’s worth and then some meetings and things, if I was guessing. 

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Florist have a very good team with some Premiership quality players, including Lolley.

I have to say, I've given that a bit of thought and I can't . The only club interested in Lolley was Villa who didn't follow up when they got promotion. I think they are a decent championship side who have a rigid system that struggles if they concede first, no more no less. 

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have to say, I've given that a bit of thought and I can't . The only club interested in Lolley was Villa who didn't follow up when they got promotion. I think they are a decent championship side who have a rigid system that struggles if they concede first, no more no less. 

I think that's important. They probably took us by surprise by coming out quickly yesterday, but we can't be just standing off letting players run and take unchallenged pot-shots.

Keep at 0-0 or better still grab the first!

Roos (much prefer him to Hamer)

bogle Evans Clarke Lowe (rest fozzy)

bird Rooney (run the show between them)

Holmes sibley knight (hard working against a good team and creative)

martin (class)

All the talk of jozefzoon is baffling me tbh, I have literally never seen him do anything good (praying this means a hat trick Wednesday)

46 minutes ago, Jram said:

Roos (much prefer him to Hamer)

bogle Evans Clarke Lowe (rest fozzy)

bird Rooney (run the show between them)

Holmes sibley knight (hard working against a good team and creative)

martin (class)

All the talk of jozefzoon is baffling me tbh, I have literally never seen him do anything good (praying this means a hat trick Wednesday)

No chance is Martin “class”

I think chris martin will start the game on wednesday but does he use wyan roony futher forward later in the game but got have selby playibg upfront with chris martin those two got great understanding of each other.

Archived