v West Brom (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

No chance is Martin “class”

Get over yourself! Martin has been class for Derby since he joined us. Without his goals and assists this season we would be grubbing around in the nether regions of the league. Who Scored got it right on Saturday. He'll be rubbing your nose in it next season as well

Hopefully Hull tired them out yesterday, although I expect they will be full of confidence after scoring four and taking all 3 points. Options are limited for us with Lawrence ,Waggers and Wisdom being out which will make it all the more remarkable if we can take something from the game. The lads just need to be confident of their abilities, play to our strengths and take the game to West brom. Here's hoping for a positive result ,no more suspensions or injuries and 3 points?

Plenty to take heart from in the Hull game, if Hull can get 2 past them we should be able to get some goals ourselves - we already know we probably won't keep WBA out, so it becomes a case of outscoring them. Would be helpful to have had Lawrence and Waghorn available, but hey ho, we've got Chrissy Martin Derby's no19 and young Sibley to be his new Bryson.

Wont be surprised or upset if lose, draw would be decent but realistically we need 3 points if we're making 6th.

We've scored in each of our last 18 league games (longest run in the championship) so you'd hope that we can at least get a goal against a team who've managed to concede 2 to Hull.

However I have no idea how we're supposed to cope against their midfield and attack. Pace, power, movement and good passing in the middle; tricky direct wingers (Matheus Pereira's on 8 goals and 15 assists) and a striker who always seems to do well against us in Charlie Austin

We need someone combative in the middle to help get the ball off them, really our only only option is Shinnie, but that means either Bird has to make way or Rooney has to play in a more advanced position, which he hasn't looked at all capable of doing so far.

I can't see anything other than us being ran ragged and being dead on our feet by 60 minutes with no way of changing things from the bench, whilst they sub on players who can continue to play at high tempo.

Same goes for the Brentford game.

It's extremely wishful thinking to expect anything other than a routine defeat, and before anyone says 'look what we did last season, you weren't expecting that', we're a completely different team now and far less suited to dealing with pace.

On 04/07/2020 at 19:11, Richard246 said:

Think the team should be

Hamer

Bogle.  Evans.   Clarke.  Lowe

Shinnie Bird.  Rooney 

Holmes.         Sibley       

Martin 

we need 3 in midfield for this one Holmes and Sibley running at there defence.Holmes needs  to up his game.

Get the full backs forward is the key and that’s why we need the extra midfielder come on you rams.?

If Martin is on his own for this one at least we have legs in Holmes, Sibley and knight to be runners the support Chrissy’s style and preferred set up. They just need to be far enough up the pitch. The second coming of Mac 1 ?

On 04/07/2020 at 15:54, Srg said:

Roos, Bogle, Evans (Wisdom?!), Clarke, Forsyth, Rooney, Bird, Knight, Holmes, Sibley, Hector-Ingram. 

Actually tempted with Zoon, think he did actually make a bit of difference. Knight simply isn’t a winger and Holmes has looked way off the pace since the season restarted. This is presuming Martin is out with his cracked rib too. 

I’ve always said, though he hasn’t been particularly good, Zoon is the only real winger we have, for the sake of team shape I sometimes think it’s be better to play him....if only he’s find a bit of form...

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’ve always said, though he hasn’t been particularly good, Zoon is the only real winger we have, for the sake of team shape I sometimes think it’s be better to play him....if only he’s find a bit of form...

I think he has a bit of the Nick Blackmans, unfortunately for him. By that, I mean he's in a position where due to a pretty indifferent start and maybe some expectations that were placed upon him, he needs to have a worldy performance every time he plays or he gets slated. I know he hasn't had too many good performances, but there's been countless games where has been no worse than anyone else but he would be singled out. This season, for example, he was poor or indifferent early in the season but so was the whole team at that point. Maybe no fans will actually help him. It can't be any coincidence that his own team mates rate him highly, they must see something in training.

16 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think he has a bit of the Nick Blackmans, unfortunately for him. By that, I mean he's in a position where due to a pretty indifferent start and maybe some expectations that were placed upon him, he needs to have a worldy performance every time he plays or he gets slated. I know he hasn't had too many good performances, but there's been countless games where has been no worse than anyone else but he would be singled out. This season, for example, he was poor or indifferent early in the season but so was the whole team at that point. Maybe no fans will actually help him. It can't be any coincidence that his own team mates rate him highly, they must see something in training.

I think expectations have dropped so much he only needs to have a positive impact. Something as little as putting a few decent crosses in, beating his man a couple of times... just something to show he wants to be on the field rather than being on there to make the numbers up. 

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think expectations have dropped so much he only needs to have a positive impact. Something as little as putting a few decent crosses in, beating his man a couple of times... just something to show he wants to be on the field rather than being on there to make the numbers up. 

I have seen a few cut backs but no real crosses from him in his time here but most of his decent stuff has come away from home if that matters anymore with no fans 

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I have seen a few cut backs but no real crosses from him in his time here but most of his decent stuff has come away from home if that matters anymore with no fans 

Common sense says maximum one point from next two games and chances gone by weekend but since when did common sense overcome being a Rams fan. We did need to win last weekend for sure but a point is a point.

Archived