The craziest season of all

Stive Pesley

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

This is Derby County - we've had some mad seasons in our time, and some more than weird happenings - but this season really takes the biscuit

1) Frankie-gate. A seemingly endless media onslaught of uncertainty. Will he stay or will he go? Of course we all knew the question was really "when?"

2) When the "when" happens, we hire (seemingly from nowhere) our first foreign coach and Dutch international legend Philip Cocu!

3) Roooooooney! We then somehow implausibly sign England's record goalscorer. But the catch is he can't play till after Xmas

4) The car-crash. 2 players drunk and end up in court. Our Captain however, suffers a contract (if not career) ending injury. Front of the National newspapers club of shame time

5) Keogh appeals his contract cancellation. He can't go kicking and screaming, so he'll stick to the screaming.

6) Flagship £10m signing Bielik destroys his cruciate in an under-23s game on a university pitch that he didn't even really need to be playing in and misses the rest of the season

7) The stadium sale charges. I mean - come on. The EFL said it was fine when we asked them if it was fine. We wouldn't have done it of they hadnt said it was fine, but now suddenly it's not fine. Retrospectively. See you in court (eventually...at some point)

? Coronavirus! Just as our season seems to be back on track, with Rooney pulling the strings - the whole season gets halted because of the pandemic

9 ) Flash foward 3 months and we start again as we left off (winning games). But then implausibly one of our drink-drive-shame starlets decides to top his lovely opening goal by randomly headbutting an opponent after the final whistle of a fairly passionless behind-closed doors game we've just won. Gets sent off and will miss at least 3 games.

10) Andre Wisdom gets stabbed in the arse and misses the rest of the season

Have I missed anything?

The question is - do we have time for one more bizarre thing to happen, and if so - what is your prediction?

Someone gets caught noncing a 15 year old online ?

Deducted 21 points after reaching Play Offs (Pay Offs) then being reinstated after fastest appeal case of all time just in time for tea.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

I think you missed the fact that our USA pre season training was in hurricane season or something like that.

Obviously our games get called off because of a hurricane. Of course they do. I'd be more surprised if they didn't. 

I bet Cocu thought taking over a 2nd division club in England might be just the little platform he needed to boost his profile again

Got ya! 

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

This is Derby County - we've had some mad seasons in our time, and some more than weird happenings - but this season really takes the biscuit

1) Frankie-gate. A seemingly endless media onslaught of uncertainty. Will he stay or will he go? Of course we all knew the question was really "when?"

2) When the "when" happens, we hire (seemingly from nowhere) our first foreign coach and Dutch international legend Philip Cocu!

3) Roooooooney! We then somehow implausibly sign England's record goalscorer. But the catch is he can't play till after Xmas

4) The car-crash. 2 players drunk and end up in court. Our Captain however, suffers a contract (if not career) ending injury. Front of the National newspapers club of shame time

5) Keogh appeals his contract cancellation. He can't go kicking and screaming, so he'll stick to the screaming.

6) Flagship £10m signing Bielik destroys his cruciate in an under-23s game on a university pitch that he didn't even really need to be playing in and misses the rest of the season

7) The stadium sale charges. I mean - come on. The EFL said it was fine when we asked them if it was fine. We wouldn't have done it of they hadnt said it was fine, but now suddenly it's not fine. Retrospectively. See you in court (eventually...at some point)

? Coronavirus! Just as our season seems to be back on track, with Rooney pulling the strings - the whole season gets halted because of the pandemic

9 ) Flash foward 3 months and we start again as we left off (winning games). But then implausibly one of our drink-drive-shame starlets decides to top his lovely opening goal by randomly headbutting an opponent after the final whistle of a fairly passionless behind-closed doors game we've just won. Gets sent off and will miss at least 3 games.

Have I missed anything?

The question is - do we have time for one more bizarre thing to happen, and if so - what is your prediction?

2) When the "when" happens, we hire (seemingly from nowhere) our first foreign coach and Dutch international legend Philip Cocu!  Leading to a truncated pre-season, with no time to prepare, and having to settle for cast offs from other teams to make up the numbers.  No helping hand from Frank "I'll still love Derby" Lampard.

Chris Martin's career resurrection out of nowhere has been a pleasant surprise.

End of the season, win the final against Forest at Wembley on penalties, only for the EFL to win the court battle and reverse the result. Forest gain promotion. Riots on the streets. Rammie and Ewie sharpens the pitchforks.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Chris Martin's career resurrection out of nowhere has been a pleasant surprise.

End of the season, win the final against Forest at Wembley on penalties, only for the EFL to win the court battle and reverse the result. Forest gain promotion. Riots on the streets. Rammie and Ewie sharpens the pitchforks.

You jest, but I've thought already, If we did win promotion, you could bet your house on that within a couple of days there will be a news article saying the EFL are working to block Derbys promotion to the premier league on the grounds of financial irregularities, just to add to the heart ache for fans.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Obviously our games get called off because of a hurricane. Of course they do. I'd be more surprised if they didn't. 

I bet Cocu thought taking over a 2nd division club in England might be just the little platform he needed to boost his profile again

Got ya! 

Cocu took the four year contract so he would have time to develop an exciting young team. Well ahead of schedule in my opinion or he studied videos if our U18 and U23 teams and thought that the job was a piece of cake. Once he got the older players doing the right things he knew that he could bring the younger players in. He must be a little surprised at the improvement in some players. He has stated that they are easy to teach because they are so keen to learn. I never dreamt that we could get this far so quick after losing our top three loanees., Keogh etc.

The Wagatha Christie story takes one final bizarre twist when both Wayne and Jamie announce they are divorcing their respective partners and plan a lavish civil ceremony later in the summer that will be the cover story for Hello magazine. Jamie signs for newly promoted Derby and they become the first gay couple to play for the same team in the Premier League. Yeah I know it's not bizarre enough but couldn't think of anything more crazy than has already happened this season. 

images.jpeg-60.jpg.c10e77cad6a76537b3086343e795c06c.jpg

4 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Doesn't Billy Davies count as foreign? (Scotland or another planet, take your pick)

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Anya finally left. May be not crazy but long time coming.

Seriously????

We have finally got rid of Anya??

I mean I wouldn't be so against him if he was actually playing, I'm not sure he was ever that bad!, just we never saw him??

7 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Have I missed anything?

Yeah. You missed us beating Forest at Wembley in the play off finals. Goal keepers end up taking one and Hamer scores the winner. 

Archived