Home Atmosphere - Behind Closed Doors

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Love the idea of all the flags but not sure about crowd noise. I can just imagine it now, the crowd cheering 30 seconds after a goal is actually scored as someone in the sound department fumbles to find the right button to press.?

Dortmund have done a good job creating some crowd noise today. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

Dortmund have done a good job creating some crowd noise today. 

Just came down to hear that now. How are they doing it? Is there a delay on the transmission? 

My other half, who has watched the whole game, thinks it adds something.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just came down to hear that now. How are they doing it? Is there a delay on the transmission? 

My other half, who has watched the whole game, thinks it adds something.

Definitely made it more enjoyable to watch, whoever was controlling it did a great job even managed to sneak in a bit of booing for opposition fouls. 

I'm just thinking it's going to end up like the laugh track dubbed onto 90s sitcoms.

If we're going this way, why not have music and sound effects to, a bit of curb your enthusiasm, benny hill theme, "wah wah wah" for fails, the batman (original series) Wham, kersplat , kapow sound effects for tackles?

How about playing some music as a thankyou gesture to The EFL for all their hard work in getting the footy back on...

Home is where the heart is - Lady Antebellum
Home and Dry - Pet Shop Boys
There's no place like home - Glen Campbell
House Party - Sam Hunt
Here is the house - Depeche Mode
Feels like home - Randy Newman
Back home again - John Denver
Green green grass of home - Tom Jones
Our house - Madness
Home - Bublé

Oh... I note a bit of a theme... what a coincidence!   

21 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Love the idea of all the flags but not sure about crowd noise. I can just imagine it now, the crowd cheering 30 seconds after a goal is actually scored as someone in the sound department fumbles to find the right button to press.?

Imagine if they tried that in the Premiership and just as the bloke presses the button the goal is ruled out by var. ? Will they have one for the opposition fans so he can press that a few seconds after? I suppose it could be the same button! ?

20 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I would make a donation to put my flag up in the South Stand.

Don't know how it would work, maybe the club would have to allocate a time for people to pop to the ground and place your flag?

Is it feasible, probably too much hassle, getting it there and back etc.

Place all flags under cover with social distance space etc and left for all the remaining home games and to be collected after we've all socially distance celebrated  promotion after the social distance play offs and then socially distance collection of flags whilst happily whistling in your head "we are going up". 

Oh and don't forget to wear your socially distance shoes!

image.jpg

23 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I would make a donation to put my flag up in the South Stand.

Don't know how it would work, maybe the club would have to allocate a time for people to pop to the ground and place your flag?

Is it feasible, probably too much hassle, getting it there and back etc.

Was going say the same...every one who had s flag get them to put out around thr stadium 

I can’t see the point of playing in front of no fans.

its an academic exercise because the context is just so different.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I know what you mean. I've been speaking to blokes at work and none of us can imagine what the actual play will be like. I've not seen any of the German League matches but others have said its all a bit boring.

I can't visualise any crunching tackles or holding at corners (a good thing), it will all seem like training matches I suppose. Massive job for the managers and coaches to get the players right mentally to give it everything.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

I know what you mean. I've been speaking to blokes at work and none of us can imagine what the actual play will be like. I've not seen any of the German League matches but others have said its all a bit boring.

I can't visualise any crunching tackles or holding at corners (a good thing), it will all seem like training matches I suppose. Massive job for the managers and coaches to get the players right mentally to give it everything.

You're not too wrong with this but when it's our team playing I may feel a little differently. I thought the crowd noise that has been introduced actually made it slightly better.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I have watched quite a bit of the Bundesliga and am finding it very competitive and the players all look to be going for it. I think once on the pitch their competitive instincts kick in and the football viewing experience is good.

Of course, the crowd feel is missing but it is as good a compromise as we can acheive and much better than abandoning seasons, imo.

I also like the 'crowd noise' that was added this weekend too.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think there are a few points. Whether you think they’re justified or not is another matter and they are largely linked to money, club survival and avoiding legal claims.

Firstly, without the games being played, all clubs would be morally, if not legally, obliged to refund all unused season tickets. For clubs like Derby with a large number of season this would be quite damaging.

I don’t know how much it would cost to host a game behind closed doors but, hopefully, less than advertising and subscription/TV revenue generated.

Whilst playing in front of empty stadiums isn’t ideal, the alternatives for ending/voiding the season are full of problems.

Obviously, money isn’t the most important thing right now (although there is of course a potential impact on people’s livelihoods - not just the highly paid players) I guess there is an argument, why not do it provided of course it is deemed safe.

If folk don’t want to watch games played under such sterile circumstances, which I understand, then they don’t have to but, I bet there will be plenty that will tune in.

A quick bit of maths on the back of a fags packet and no doubt seriously flawed in every way:

If the average season ticket is say £350, a refund of 17% is given to everyone and we have 17,000 season ticket holders (I don’t know if we do by the way, just using that figure as a reasonable example) I reckon that works out at just over a million pounds in refunds.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

If the average season ticket is say £350, a refund of 17% is given to everyone and we have 17,000 season ticket holders (I don’t know if we do by the way, just using that figure as a reasonable example) I reckon that works out at just over a million pounds in refunds.

I think we usually have around 22,000. Or was the last count anyway. 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think there are a few points. Whether you think they’re justified or not is another matter and they are largely linked to money, club survival and avoiding legal claims.

Firstly, without the games being played, all clubs would be morally, if not legally, obliged to refund all unused season tickets. For clubs like Derby with a large number of season this would be quite damaging.

I don’t know how much it would cost to host a game behind closed doors but, hopefully, less than advertising and subscription/TV revenue generated.

Whilst playing in front of empty stadiums isn’t ideal, the alternatives for ending/voiding the season are full of problems.

Obviously, money isn’t the most important thing right now (although there is of course a potential impact on people’s livelihoods - not just the highly paid players) I guess there is an argument, why not do it provided of course it is deemed safe.

If folk don’t want to watch games played under such sterile circumstances, which I understand, then they don’t have to but, I bet there will be plenty that will tune in.

A quick bit of maths on the back of a fags packet and no doubt seriously flawed in every way:

Bear in mind they will claim the VAT back also.

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We’ve been offered the refund anyway?

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We’ve been offered the refund anyway?

Yes, but not every one will take it because they can watch the games in lieu of a refund. That’s kind of my point. Without the games the club would probably have had to pay refunds or offer a higher level of discount on next season (see my later point) to everyone. I bet, a good number (myself included) will select option 3 which, granted includes a discount on next year which I didn’t include, prevents the need for the club to refund.

Archived