Home Atmosphere - Behind Closed Doors

I'll smuggle my bottle of pop into the living room, get up from my seat every 2 mins prior to kick-off to give the effect of the late-comers wanting to get past me, I'll leave for a half-time wee on the 42nd minute, and I'll charge mesen £3.50 for a slice of pizza ? 

All that's missing is the programme and badge ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/06/2020 at 11:21, Inverurie Ram said:

I hope Derby County have a wonderful plan to create some kind of an atmosphere in Pride Park for our remaining home games under the current climate. It would be great to see all the 1884 flags and the big flag @therams69 the 12th Man, Dave Mackay, Jim Smith, Arthur Cox, Legends Flags, @DE6RAM Flag etc and as many other DCFC flags put over seats within the ground.  I'm sure if managed correctly it could all be achieved under the current guidelines.

I also hope they can use the tannoy system to play our supporters chanting, singing to help support our team and to help give us some kind of home advantage that will help with our home performances and home results.

@OwenB87 do you know if such things are possible?, or if anything is likely to happen? if not, would Rams TV be able to use any effects to create flags, people, and noise for our home games, to create an atmosphere for the viewing fans on RamsTV and create more advertising boards to create more revenue etc. I just know from my own personal experience of trying to watch the German football over the last few weeks, I end up falling asleep after about 30 mins of football, which I think is due to the lack of noise, which as fans, players, and as people, we have been used too for so many years.

Derby County Fans Chants (Several of these)

78 of these. Songs of Derby Fans. Fan Chants

Will hopefully be putting the flag out behind the goal as normal if permitted... That's if I can locate it mind, last seen on the bus to Millwall away...

Would say it will be at away games but suspect the lads will be too busy to put it out with all the new procedures, practically all the games left the flag is permitted but under these circumstances who knows....

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I wasn’t suggesting my maths was precise. The average price of season tickets may be higher than £350, we may have more than 17000 season tickets.

I know mate i was suggesting (badly) that the VAT would probably pay for the ongoing costs of playing the home games behind closed doors.

3 hours ago, therams69 said:

Will hopefully be putting the flag out behind the goal as normal if permitted... That's if I can locate it mind, last seen on the bus to Millwall away...

Would say it will be at away games but suspect the lads will be too busy to put it out with all the new procedures, practically all the games left the flag is permitted but under these circumstances who knows....

Last minute goal, has to be a pitch invasion from the subs

Apologies if this as already been mentioned, but could the lack of fans help to integrate the young players into the first team.

Whittaker shows great promise but was getting a fair bit of stick, he looked low in confidence, this will be like playing for the u23s or youth team with no crowds, so it could work to our advantage.

By the time the fans return these youth players will be fully integrated.

31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apologies if this as already been mentioned, but could the lack of fans help to integrate the young players into the first team.

Whittaker shows great promise but was getting a fair bit of stick, he looked low in confidence, this will be like playing for the u23s or youth team with no crowds, so it could work to our advantage.

By the time the fans return these youth players will be fully integrated.

That might have been a little more "Good point well made" in the days before social media?

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Depends how much notice players take of social media, we know some players do (Robbie Savage the little tinker), but others may not be so caught up in it.

Indeed.
I get the impression that given the age (of the player you mentioned), and given the apparent amount of spare time many pro footballers are reputed to enjoy (compared to many other jobs), I would assume such interest (in social media) to be higher than the average of the general population?

I concede immediately, that I have absolutely no facts to back up my assumption. 
I also appreciate such a view may be considered "Youngist" and/or "Footballerist" by others.  I'd struggle to argue otherwise, if truth be told!  ?

On 06/06/2020 at 12:29, uttoxram75 said:

I would make a donation to put my flag up in the South Stand.

Don't know how it would work, maybe the club would have to allocate a time for people to pop to the ground and place your flag?

Is it feasible, probably too much hassle, getting it there and back etc.

What`s the wording on your flag 

"POPSIDE BOOT BOYS" ??

Archived