Liam Rosenior’s Letter to Trump

Ellafella

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2020/jun/05/open-letter-donald-trump-us-president-george-floyd-liam-rosenior

I know this isn’t a topic for levity but actually manages to get the word “sheep” into the text. 
An articulate and passionate piece displaying courage and a refusal to be cowed. Those are the same qualities we want to be imbued into the minds of our Academy rising stars. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2020/jun/05/open-letter-donald-trump-us-president-george-floyd-liam-rosenior

I know this isn’t a topic for levity but actually manages to get the word “sheep” into the text. 
An articulate and passionate piece displaying courage and a refusal to be cowed. Those are the same qualities we want to be imbued into the minds of our Academy rising stars. 

Thanks for sharing this Ellafella. What a top bloke we have in our Liam. May Trump and the like count down their days.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Sheep and cowed in one thread? Well done.

Seriously, great letter but, I very much doubt Trump will get to read it and, if he does, it won’t change his attitude.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Seriously, great letter but, I very much doubt Trump will get to read it and, if he does, it won’t change his attitude.

Your right it won’t @Tamworthram but it’s great that LR sets a fine example to young footballers to be passionate and courageous.  

On 05/06/2020 at 09:51, Tamworthram said:

I think Trump won't get to the end and think it's praising him.

Anyway, before this gets too political, I would like to comment on the fact that a member of our coaching staff appears more eloquent and educated than the president of the United States of America.

Says a lot about what's valued stateside, but also what's valued at the club. I feel like the game has got a lot smarter and more educated on the coaching side of the things in this country, particularly in the last decade.

Archived