Famous last minute winners

Gone

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd travelled up from the elysian fields of Hampshire for that game.

Thankfully   being the old half fan that I am Iwe were going down the stairs on 85 mins....?

If it makes you feel any better, my only Forest-Derby game at PP was the Buxton late winner referenced before.

If I remember correctly we had Steve Cotteril as manager at the time, and on a really poor run. Only reason I could get a ticket as a non away season member.

Drove up from Bedfordshire for that one, fun times ?

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

If it makes you feel any better, my only Forest-Derby game at PP was the Buxton late winner referenced before.

If I remember correctly we had Steve Cotteril as manager at the time, and on a really poor run. Only reason I could get a ticket as a non away season member.

Drove up from Bedfordshire for that one, fun times ?

I consoled myself as I was there also for the 5-0. But now they have taken to putting the games on at stupid times I'm ruled out. Saturday lunchtime fitted well as i could do family penance all day Sunday and leaving at 7ish in the morning meant you weren't interrupting family too much....

this year we're both going to have to relay on our respective squads to create the habitual ruckus.......?

22 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I consoled myself as I was there also for the 5-0. But now they have taken to putting the games on at stupid times I'm ruled out. Saturday lunchtime fitted well as i could do family penance all day Sunday and leaving at 7ish in the morning meant you weren't interrupting family too much....

this year we're both going to have to relay on our respective squads to create the habitual ruckus.......?

I've been living in Derbyshire, working in Nottm centre for the past year and only made a handful of games at the CG. Have a young son now and abandoning him and my missis for most of Saturday afternoon isn't something I want to do every weekend. Plus the expense..

Hopefully moving up north in a few months time. Tend to think I've missed out somewhat, but then again whats important?

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I've been living in Derbyshire, working in Nottm centre for the past year and only made a handful of games at the CG. Have a young son now and abandoning him and my missis for most of Saturday afternoon isn't something I want to do every weekend. Plus the expense..

Hopefully moving up north in a few months time. Tend to think I've missed out somewhat, but then again whats important?

Well I'm in Hampshire so we can meet in the middle for the occasional gut-barge.?

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I would suggest you are getting the balance pretty right. Cherish and participate fully in your boy’s formative years. It will be a very rewarding investment of time.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I would suggest you are getting the balance pretty right. Cherish and participate fully in your boy’s formative years. It will be a very rewarding investment of time.

My new job is actually based in central London, but they're permitting me to WFH for 3/4 weeks of the month. I could stay in the midlands for that, but we'll get much more family support near the in laws in the north west. Thinking such an arrangement will be viewed much more favourably by companies post this pandemic.

Really looking forward to the move, the house I just put an offer on is in a super convenient place too. Paranoid it'll all fall through somehow but you have to take some risks on occasion!

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

At last you've found an excuse for not going to the City Ground. A small step closer to leaving the Dark Side!

27 minutes ago, richinspain said:

At last you've found an excuse for not going to the City Ground. A small step closer to leaving the Dark Side!

Its going to be an interesting choice who my son will follow growing up in Warrington. Obviously has a host of good teams in Merseyside and Manchester to choose from..

Please don't let it be Liverpool though..

waynes world GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2020 at 17:25, Brummie Steve said:

David Platt vs Belgium in Italia 90!

No question!

Yep remember that well, think England were 2nd best throughout the game but if you cannot get the ball in the net...

On 05/06/2020 at 16:25, Brummie Steve said:

No question!

It's not one of my favorites, nor is Platt.  i was riding a very unlikely wave of good fortune on bets i had made on 4 long-shot results and would have made a bundle of cash, if not for Platt.

On 05/06/2020 at 12:25, Brummie Steve said:

No question!

Great goal and a great night, i watched it in Belper in the Duke of Devonshire where they had topless barmaids -  as a very drunk 17 year old it was pretty much perfect.... I haven't been in there since...but I am guessing they dont still have them..?

26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Great goal and a great night, i watched it in Belper in the Duke of Devonshire where they had topless barmaids -  as a very drunk 17 year old it was pretty much perfect.... I haven't been in there since...but I am guessing they dont still have them..?

It's barMEN now?

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Drunk 17 year olds? 

simon pegg comedy GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Archived