Contracts Expiring in July - Opportunities and Risks

Sheikh n Bake

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

Derbyshire live, if you can take the adverts, are reporting that Forsyth has signed a 1 year extention.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-new-development-Derby-county-4114750

He always had a year option on his previous contract, sounds like that’s just been triggered. Good news for me, he’s still a top left back at this level.

9 hours ago, Topram said:

Good to extend Fozzys contract, not knowing how transfer windows will go on this year etc it’s good to have players that can play various positions  

I'm happy with the extension as well but I  have to disagree with you here.

You mean he can play as a CB?the office no GIF

I no 'brainer'.

Just for he's experience, versatility and the help knowledge he gives/can pass on to our younger players.

He cannot be on much wage wise, therefore to replace him would cost more than keeping him. 

All round good decision by Mr Cocu.

I think at the present moment, with all the current economic and footballing uncertainties.

The club maybe are in no position to offer any 'new' contracts to anyone at present (unless it makes 'financial' sense in that individual case).

It would not make 'economic' sense to do so, until we know what finances we will working with next season. 

Unfortunately, this summer will see the 'largest' number of players released by clubs from the Football League, possibly ever. This is bound to lead to a lowering of salary expectation,s as too many' players chase too few squad places. 

A lot of clubs will have players like Martin, who they would possibly like to keep but now simply can't afford, unless wage structures are reduced. 

Once agents and players expectations realign themselves with their new 'realities' then maybe we could see players such as likes of Martin sign for Derby once again. 

24 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Once agents and players expectations realign themselves with their new 'realities' then maybe we could see players such as likes of Martin sign for Derby once again. 

Or for clubs whose finances are in better shape than ours?

On 06/05/2020 at 21:05, RoyMac5 said:

Stats to prove this please.

@Ghost of Cloughyou're good with stats, any idea?

Based on the current season Martin is miles in front of the rest. None of Marriott, Waghorn, Rooney or Lawrence have had a season at the club and been as clinical as Martin has been this season. Despite shooting far less often than any other, he's still finding the back of the net more often. As a bonus, he's also earned more assists too.

image.png.8f36f689c294422a948f8672f4c81ea2.png

image.png.bff2bd1f5e5aadf73efaa8304614d5d7.pngimage.png.f206c8a8e7222157617353002cf0180c.png

image.png.188b21a96a9db23e016382e2328b7924.png

Archived