Contracts Expiring in July - Opportunities and Risks

Sheikh n Bake

11 hours ago, Derby blood said:

also managers like Lampard and Cocu do not rate him

Do they not? Never heard either of them say anything of the kind. Lampard made references to him needing to work harder in training and under Cocu he has had fitness/injury issues.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, David said:

Do they not? Never heard either of them say anything of the kind. Lampard made references to him needing to work harder in training and under Cocu he has had fitness/injury issues.

Honest mate, not working harder enough is a massive negative with a coach, also once he gets a knock, takes him ages to get fit, would love to get rid, he needs to get the work rate and attitude of Davidson and Deano to have a chance to succeed at Derby, and in my opinion he will never get there, hope to get a couple of million for him, which I doubt would ever happen, we need better than Marriott, he had a very poor season last season, even Rooney mentioned after the Barnsley game I think, how many chances does Jack need to score, I agree he has missed a bag full this season. Not in the same league as Martin. 

3 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Honest mate, not working harder enough is a massive negative with a coach, also once he gets a knock, takes him ages to get fit, would love to get rid, he needs to get the work rate and attitude of Davidson and Deano to have a chance to succeed at Derby, and in my opinion he will never get there, hope to get a couple of million for him, which I doubt would ever happen, we need better than Marriott, he had a very poor season last season, even Rooney mentioned after the Barnsley game I think, how many chances does Jack need to score, I agree he has missed a bag full this season. Not in the same league as Martin. 

Right, but you said they didn’t rate him but I haven’t heard anything to suggest they don’t. 

As with any striker, they need a run of games to get their sharpness back. Find the net once, the next chance to take is easier and so on. 

If we was to sell Marriott, I’m positive it’s a decision we will later regret. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Right, but you said they didn’t rate him but I haven’t heard anything to suggest they don’t

A manager will never say they don’t rate  one of their own players. They just won’t play them. Marriott should have kicked on this year and hasn’t, hence he hasn’t played, suggesting Cocu thinks there is better.

3 minutes ago, enachops said:

A manager will never say they don’t rate  one of their own players. They just won’t play them. Marriott should have kicked on this year and hasn’t, hence he hasn’t played, suggesting Cocu thinks there is better.

He’s been injured, hasn’t been available to play. 

“I don't say he will play always, but he has certain qualities we need but he also has to work on his physical state that he can bring what he brings over a longer period of time.

“Last season he had the same problem, and that is a little bit of a struggle at the moment to find a balance of what he can handle on loads on sessions and in games.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-jack-marriott-transfer-3682834.amp

10 minutes ago, enachops said:

He’s been on the bench the majority of the season so has been available, just hasn’t been selected. There is no excuse for a professional footballer not being in peak physical fitness. Two seasons running as Cocu says. Very poor from Marriott. 

Unfair without knowing the full extent of the injury issues he has had. He arrived at Derby last season without having a full pre season then again struggled this year. Injuries happen. 

His contract expires in July and looks like he won’t be staying: STRONG LANGUAGE

Stay the duck away from this club Mason.

* For anyone at work or doesn’t want to listen to strong language, basically its him going past pride park saying “******* Burn”

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Top banter ?

In fairness it does say “Private story” at the top, clearly wasn’t intended for public viewing, would need to know the context and how this “private” story got out.

Without the context it doesn’t look good, after what happened earlier in the season could do with out this.

Also a bit on the contract, the DET ran a story on contracts the other day and mentioned he had signed a one year extension before joining Millwall on loan.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Also a bit on the contract, the DET ran a story on contracts the other day and mentioned he had signed a one year extension before joining Millwall on loan.

Didn’t see this, cheers.

Would most likely so we can receive a fee for him though...

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Right, time to settle this striker debate going on in this thread. The definitive answer is:

Martin > Waghorn >> Marriott

If you disagree, then you’re wrong.

200.gif

5 hours ago, David said:

Right, but you said they didn’t rate him but I haven’t heard anything to suggest they don’t. 

As with any striker, they need a run of games to get their sharpness back. Find the net once, the next chance to take is easier and so on. 

If we was to sell Marriott, I’m positive it’s a decision we will later regret. 

If we Sell Marriott it will turn out to be a massive positive for me, not a top 6 championship player or even top 10 for me, average at best in the championship, would suit a team like Wigan or Charlton. Hope we can get a couple of million for him. We need better, but I am sure Mr Cocu knows this already. 

42 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

If we Sell Marriott it will turn out to be a massive positive for me, not a top 6 championship player or even top 10 for me, average at best in the championship, would suit a team like Wigan or Charlton. Hope we can get a couple of million for him. We need better, but I am sure Mr Cocu knows this already. 

Tough one - against the premiership teams and in other cup games he looks the business ( last season) worth persevering i think

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Tough one - against the premiership teams and in other cup games he looks the business ( last season) worth persevering i think

Agree totally .... once up to speed he deffo knows where the goal is. A born finisher IMO. Just needs a proper run in the team, which he has struggled to achieve. On the other hand there has been certain negative vibes emanating from within the club which are difficult to ignore. A bit of a marmite player but for me worth preserving with. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

A bit like when a clubs signs 'a foreigner' who starts well when the season is still in summer, but you say 'oh yeah but wait to see them on a wet and windy Wednesday in Barnsley'. There seems to be some of that with Marriott. I'm sure he wants to do well here, but...

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Didn’t see this, cheers.

Would most likely so we can receive a fee for him though...

That won't happen. He'll be here next year just in time for his testimonial .  Probably wearing the same boots he had when he made his debut, never had much use.

Archived