Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 08:33, Wolfie said:

Yeah my Mrs is definitely a bigger Potter fan than me but I found Eddie Redmayne's character's mannerisms really annoying & they grated on me. I think that's why I couldn't engage with it to begin with.

Couldn't agree more. Really slow in general...kids were bored and I was counting down the minutes. 4/10

Rogue 1...There's a film...got better and better 8/10.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of films which have got excellent reviews....

Nocturnal Animals - 4/10 - Boring as anything, one of those you are left to your own interpretation of what happened.

Arrival - 4/10 - Also boring, so slow going, yawn fest.

Both are the sort of films its fashionable to say yoiu like i think, but i was so bored and uninspired by either.

The only positive was Amy Adams, didnt realise she is in her 40's...

Watched the Chernobyl diaries last night...

It's based around the nuclear disaster of Chernobyl. 6 people pay a Russian tourist guide to take them round the abandoned city of the workers that were evacuated by the disaster. They soon realise that the city is not abandoned & they aren't alone...

I'd rate this film a solid 5/10. There isn't a massive twist on the plot line or any surprises throughout the film, the only good thing about the film is that you are constantly on edge and wondering what is out in the city when they are there. Another down side to it is that you never actually see one of the "Creatures" in detail. You mainly just see their silhouettes or maybe a quick glimpse at one of their masks. You never get to see any detail about them so you can't really be scared of them.

Other than that, it's a good film & a good jump scare film. 

On 18/12/2016 at 22:12, Leicester Ram said:

Rogue One 8/10

Pretty good

Leicester... I'm debating whether to take my misses to see this... The reason being, We are both massive Star Wars fans. But as soon as she saw that it isn't based off any of the future films or anything to do with them. She got put off by it thinking that she will get confused when we go to see episode 8 in December...

Will she get confused?

49 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Leicester... I'm debating whether to take my misses to see this... The reason being, We are both massive Star Wars fans. But as soon as she saw that it isn't based off any of the future films or anything to do with them. She got put off by it thinking that she will get confused when we go to see episode 8 in December...

Will she get confused?

If she knows the first Star Wars film well (i still cant call it A New Hope :) ), then she will be fine. Out of all the films of the series thats the one you really need to know, the prequels and any later films it has no bearing on (you could say at a stretch there is one real reference to the prequels with one character showing up with the same actor). It really does serve as a prologue to Star Wars.

I havent seen much of the tv series like rebels / clone wars and there are some nods to those but not critical to the plot so it wont matter if you havent seen them.

I would be surprised if anything that happens in Rogue One has any impact on the new films in anyway, i guess there might be the odd easter egg here and there as seems common in filims now, i thought there was a few too many in rogue one.

I know a lot of people say its one of the best star wars films, for me its solid, its the best 'prequel' if you want to call it that. For me its the 5th best star wars film .

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Will she get confused?

100% wanted to mention he has a missus because I called him a virgin last week ;)

Yeah, it's not that difficult to figure out.

Before Ep IV, Death Star plans, Rebels. Easy.

Last weekend watched:

La La Land - don't like musicals, don't like jazz, but thought this film was lovely. Feel good movie with great performances, especially from Emma Stone. 9/10

A monster callls - took a while to win me over and I felt the 'monster' was a little overpowering and distracting but young Lewis Mac Dougall was amazing and the film is truly touching. 7.5/10

Arrival : 7/10. Lot of hype surrounding this film, it does grab you and tantalise you, but for me, ultimately underwhelming in the end. Worth a watch, but not worth the hype. Not a patch on Interstellar.

T2: Trainspotting. 7/10. A must see for me. The first film was epic at a great time in my life, this was entertaining, great soundtrack and surprisingly poignant in some areas, but didn't deliver what I thought it would deliver. Although perhaps I'm glad it didn't cliche. Bit disappointed that certain character didn't have more involvement.

22 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Arrival : 7/10. Lot of hype surrounding this film, it does grab you and tantalise you, but for me, ultimately underwhelming in the end. Worth a watch, but not worth the hype. Not a patch on Interstellar.

T2: Trainspotting. 7/10. A must see for me. The first film was epic at a great time in my life, this was entertaining, great soundtrack and surprisingly poignant in some areas, but didn't deliver what I thought it would deliver. Although perhaps I'm glad it didn't cliche. Bit disappointed that certain character didn't have more involvement.

Saw arrival a couple of months ago and thought it was interesting as a comment on world politics but forgettable as a film.

Just returned home from watching T2. Great performances from the old guard, notably Ewen Bremner and Robert Carlisle. Not quite a classic like the original but a terrific soundtrack and a brilliant toilet cubicle scene.

Hacksaw Ridge.I'll give it a 7.

Two films in one really.An hour for the story,which I wasn't aware of and it is interesting and an hour of total carnage.

To be honest I was after the carnage part which was ok and brutal  but not as well done as Saving Private Ryan.

I mean would you really grab a torso in one hand,use it as cover whilst firing a machine gun with your free hand and charging japanese machine gun nests...meh.