Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh Boy!  ?

That most niche of niche jokes....

A call back referencing a pretty obscure cover version by the 70s glam rockers Mud.

(I actually had to check - but apparently it reached number 1?? It certainly hasn't lingered in the public consciousness!)

Edited by Chester40

13 hours ago, Chester40 said:

That most niche of niche jokes....

A call back referencing a pretty obscure cover version by the 70s glam rockers Mud.

(I actually had to check - but apparently it reached number 1?? It certainly hasn't lingered in the public consciousness!)

All my life I've been waiting for @Mucker1884 to mention that. 

Obscure my arse. 

And I don't mean cover my arse. 

Although TBF, it really should be obscured. 

On 04/05/2022 at 00:49, 86 Hair Islands said:

I really liked it 

I was fine, but it was my choice of movie on a BH Monday, and the family was rather less into it than I was. 

I can't remember seeing a poor movie with that actor in tbh, from the Lincoln Lawyer to Dallas Buyers club, he's pretty reliable. 

By that actor,  I mean Matthew Mc  something, which I can say but not spell!

Connaghey, Coneggey, something like that.

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

I was fine, but it was my choice of movie on a BH Monday, and the family was rather less into it than I was. 

I can't remember seeing a poor movie with that actor in tbh, from the Lincoln Lawyer to Dallas Buyers club, he's pretty reliable. 

By that actor,  I mean Matthew Mc  something, which I can say but not spell!

Connaghey, Coneggey, something like that.

Next time just remind them who pays for the TV license mate ?

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Next time just remind them who pays for the TV license mate ?

The missus mate, she did make appreciative cooing noises when he had his top off.

Nothing she doesn't see nightly, obviously, but I guess familiarity has taken its toll?

The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs

Basically, an ensemble of half a dozen vignettes relating to - and revolving around - violence in the old 'Wild West'.

A couple were utterly superb, one quite disturbing and the rest meh.

Pat Wright/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Silent Night

A group of middle class & thoroughly unlikeable people get together for their last Christmas day - because the world is about to end.

Not as funny as it should have been but definitely bleakly thought provoking towards the end. It would have been thoroughly miserable, had I warmed to any of the characters, so good job really that they were all so annoying.

6/10

Edited by Wolfie

I watched Blue Story at the weekend. 

Black on black gang wars in South London. It was the film that was withdrawn from some cinemas because of gang trouble at the cinema when it was released. 

Anyway, it's got a few of the Top Boy cast in it. 

Its apparently based on the writers early life.  it's a decent film.  

Jeff Hendrick 7/10. 

12 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I watched Blue Story at the weekend. 

Black on black gang wars in South London. It was the film that was withdrawn from some cinemas because of gang trouble at the cinema when it was released. 

Anyway, it's got a few of the Top Boy cast in it. 

Its apparently based on the writers early life.  it's a decent film.  

Jeff Hendrick 7/10. 

Got absolutely slaughtered on here despite being a pretty decent movie. Odd when folk are falling over themselves to tip up Top Boy, and rightly so. 

Venom: Let There Be Carnage.

Fairly standard superhero film, although it wasn't as visually impressive or as action-packed as some others in this genre.

It did have a surprisingly good cast though (starring Woody Harrelson and Stephen Graham), and there were some funny moments.

6/10 - it was alright.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

Venom: Let There Be Carnage.

Fairly standard superhero film, although it wasn't as visually impressive or as action-packed as some others in this genre.

It did have a surprisingly good cast though (starring Woody Harrelson and Stephen Graham), and there were some funny moments.

6/10 - it was alright.

Perhaps they should rename it to Venom - Let There Be Garbage. I  loved the first film - thought this one was 95% horse manure

Edited by Gaspode