Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Boiling Point on Netflix

I'm not sure I have ever seen Stephen Graham play a part where he's not a moody scouser. But then again he does moody Scousers so well, I'm not sure I want to.

Set in a top London restaurant with Graham as head chef and shot in one take (on apparently the 3rd go) it's intense, fascinating, chaotic, very well acted by everybody and increasingly dark.

My first ever job was a trainee chef and I spent a lot of time working in my sisters restaurant a few years later and everything about this was bang on from the terminology to the different characters to dick customers.

Half way through I'd have given it a respectable Simon Coleman, but it raised its game to a Dean Yates by the end. Well worth checking ot, especially if you like Graham.

Everything Everywhere all At Once

Lots of hype about this. Very clever in many ways, and fun, but I don't like the silliness that surrounds some high-concept independent movies. Like Sorry to Bother You which was brilliant but, maybe because of budget, couldn't quite deliver. And it felt the same here. 

This is clever and fun scifi with a good heart, and very innovative and well done, and I'd encourage people to watch it as it was different. Maybe a Francesco Baiano/10 when I was hoping for Roberto Baggio.

Uncharted 

kid who makes loads of annoying noises in Spiderman, does the same in this. Pointless film based in a computer game. Literally forgettable within ten minutes of watching. 

Paul Connolly/10

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

You're far too mature for this forum.

I come here exclusively for the childish humour, innuendo and puns.

It's alright for you, you're not being constantly reminded of something stupid you did when you were a stupid teenager?

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

On 01/05/2022 at 18:55, Bob The Badger said:

Boiling Point on Netflix

I'm not sure I have ever seen Stephen Graham play a part where he's not a moody scouser. But then again he does moody Scousers so well, I'm not sure I want to.

Set in a top London restaurant with Graham as head chef and shot in one take (on apparently the 3rd go) it's intense, fascinating, chaotic, very well acted by everybody and increasingly dark.

My first ever job was a trainee chef and I spent a lot of time working in my sisters restaurant a few years later and everything about this was bang on from the terminology to the different characters to dick customers.

Half way through I'd have given it a respectable Simon Coleman, but it raised its game to a Dean Yates by the end. Well worth checking ot, especially if you like Graham.

Amazingly, he plays Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire. So, not quite as typecast as Sean Bean.?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Amazingly, he plays Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire. So, not quite as typecast as Sean Bean.?

he also plays a Welsh copper in that awesome programme with Martin Clunes as the copper that solves the crime, something like White Farm murders.

He also plays a cockney in Snatch.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

he also plays a Welsh copper in that awesome programme with Martin Clunes as the copper that solves the crime, something like White Farm murders.

He also plays a cockney in Snatch.

And Anthony 'Tony Pro' Provenzano in The Irishman and Detective Mulligan in Venom. Deffo needs a few more mardy Scouser roles IMO ?