Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Ad Astra

Brad Pitt goes off to find his dad, who may or may not have gone dolally on a long term mission to Neptune, whilst trying to save the world from damaging energy bursts coming from his dad's ship.

Bits of it were good. Bits of it were interesting. Stupid final few minutes spoiled it, though.

5/10

6 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Ad Astra

Brad Pitt goes off to find his dad, who may or may not have gone dolally on a long term mission to Neptune, whilst trying to save the world from damaging energy bursts coming from his dad's ship.

Bits of it were good. Bits of it were interesting. Stupid final few minutes spoiled it, though.

5/10

The plot reads like a film that doesn't need the soppy sentimental stuff. 

You know like an action film that would work without the girl that needs rescuing every 2 minutes. Or the horror film that doesn't need a sex scene. 

It's like Hollywood has to hit a quota

The Gentlemen

9.5/10

Love Guy Ritchie films, and this is phenomenal. All the cast put in fantastic performances, particularly Hugh Grant who plays someone you wouldn't expect him to play. Loads of quotables and just oozes cool.

4 hours ago, Srg said:

The Gentlemen

9.5/10

Love Guy Ritchie films, and this is phenomenal. All the cast put in fantastic performances, particularly Hugh Grant who plays someone you wouldn't expect him to play. Loads of quotables and just oozes cool.

Totally agree, watched it yesterday and thought it was great, you are bang on about Hugh Grant, brilliant role for him and had no idea he had that in him. Also thought Colin Farrell's role was superb.

Booksmart (Currently on Prime)

Two high school girls decide they've missed out on all the fun and decide to party, on the night before graduation, when they realise all of their classmates have also got into the same top colleges.

Entertaining & reminiscent of some of the John Hughes-type coming of age films in the 80's

7/10

Edited by Van Wolfie

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Knives Out - 10/10

Murder on The orient Express (2017) - 5/10

Solo: A Star Wars Story - 5/10

Joker - 7/10

Bad Boys For Life - 8/10

Terminator Dark Fate - 7/10

Shaun The Sheep: Farmageddon - 6/10

Uncut Gems - 9/10

Uncut Gems is the only one of those I’ve seen. I’d give it a 7.5

Dark Waters - Superior legal thriller with Mark Rufalo playing Rob Bilott, a lawyer swapping corporate for environmental concerns and exposing corporate chicanery at Dupont in the process. A true story and a compelling if somewhat disturbing watch. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9071322/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

8/10

Parasite - Korean Oscar winning movie about a family of grifters who perfectly con their way into the employment and good graces of a wealthy family only for their ruse to unravel in spectacular fashion. Brilliant without necessarily being to everyone's tastes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

9/10

The Coldest Game - Fair cold war espionage thriller whose centrepiece is a chess match between Russian and American grandmasters against a backdrop of the Cuban missile crisis. Some fact amongst the fiction and watchable enough.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6445414/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

7/10

Parastite….excellent, although it was in a really warm art house cinema, I had eaten a load of Korean food and had 2 beers before we went in....so consequently I rested my eyes for 15 minutes....

Watched Annihilation last night....I am struggling to think of a worse film I have ever seen in my life.....it was awful.....actually, not as bad as Natural Born Killers.....but close.!

Couple of older movies to recommend. Insomnia back like a biatch so been trawling through a few old favourites to wile away the dark hours. Tonight's double bill was...

Man On Fire - Denzel Washington plays John Creasy, quite simply the baddest mofo ever to grace the screen. Playing a washed up CIA assassin working personal security in Mexico. Still my favourite Ridley Scott movie and an absolute tour de force IMHO. Sure most will have seen it but if not, grab some beers, short rib and popcorn and get watching. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328107/

9/10

End of Watch - Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena play two LA cops heading towards big trouble. Another movie doubtless most will have seen but a strong recommendation if you've not already come across it. Not an easy watch but a great film nonetheless.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855199/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

9/10

* Note both films contain some pretty violent and upsetting scenes which may not be to everyone's taste but all in context FWIW

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

5 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Couple of older movies to recommend. Insomnia back like a biatch so been trawling through a few old favourites to wile away the dark hours. Tonight's double bill was...

Man On Fire - Denzel Washington plays John Creasy, quite simply the baddest mofo ever to grace the screen. Playing a washed up CIA assassin working personal security in Mexico. Still my favourite Ridley Scott movie and an absolute tour de force IMHO. Sure most will have seen it but if not, grab some beers, short rib and popcorn and get watching. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328107/

9/10

End of Watch - Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena play two LA cops heading towards big trouble. Another movie doubtless most will have seen but a strong recommendation if you've not already come across it. Not an easy watch but a great film nonetheless.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855199/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

9/10

* Note both films contain some pretty violent and upsetting scenes which may not be to everyone's taste but all in context FWIW

Not impressed by your bizarre ratings system! How are we supposed to interpret how good or bad 9/10 is? Stick to the agreed scale please! Was is Connor Sammon/10? Paul Green/10? Igor/10? ??‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not impressed by your bizarre ratings system! How are we supposed to interpret how good or bad 9/10 is? Stick to the agreed scale please! Was is Connor Sammon/10? Paul Green/10? Igor/10? ??‍♂️ 

Soz Moz! Igor for both buddy, definitely Igor  ? 

Ready or Not

A woman marries into a weathly family but finds out on the big day that the family must all play a game at midnight due to an old deal with their mysterious benefactor. The game turns out to be an extreme version of hide & seek, with guns, axes & crossbows.

Great fun. Silly, gory, tense & funny. Some great lines & satire about The Rich thrown in as well.

9/10

Edited by Van Wolfie