Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

Who's going to kill the shebrats? I don't care if you like Captain Marvel. Its just the coffee I had to clean up after I read you describing her as a likeable lead that concerned me.

Her character was likeable, you want her to succeed (well maybe not you, the royal you). It’s a well made film in that respect, some films fall flat as the leads just aren’t likeable enough.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, StringerBell said:

"I think because it’s 2019, and what 2019 is about, really, is intersectional feminism"

Is that leading my down a path that as well as having white privilege i have male privilege too?

21 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I doubt she is, she made a comment which was hardly the worst thing in the world. I cant believe its caused such a fuss, its like all the simpsons style comic book guys have taken offence because they arent being led on by her into thinking they can get in her pants.

Seriously people would take offence if she had said she preferred Coke to Pepsi.

Now, if she'd said that she prefers Pepsi to Coke then that would have been controversial!

"I think we're alone now"

A post-apocalyptic film that finds Del (Peter Dinkage) keeping his home town swept and tidy after everyone else has suddenly died from an unspecified event. He seems contented going round buring all the dead people on his own - and then Elle Fanning turns up and they eventually become friends blah blah yawn.

Boring and stupid. Don't bother.

3/10

Halloween (2018)

Great performance by Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, who confronts her long-time foe Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Far far better than I expected and a properly scary/gruesome horror, with a decent plot and great script. Plenty of nods to the original film as well. Forget any of the previous sequels & just watch this one.

Best film I've seen this year by quite a margin.

Highly recommended. 9/10

On 26/03/2019 at 08:15, Chester40 said:

The Dirt. 

4/10. Never before has such a grimey, seedy story seemed more like a teen movie ala Porkies.  Light, frothy...and injecting drugs...bizarre feel to it. 

Disappointing with the material it had to use.

I made the mistake of reading the book many years ago and even then I found it utterly juvenile and completely vacuous. A celebration of mediocrity and profound stupidity.

On 01/04/2019 at 08:42, Wolfie said:

Halloween (2018)

Great performance by Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, who confronts her long-time foe Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Far far better than I expected and a properly scary/gruesome horror, with a decent plot and great script. Plenty of nods to the original film as well. Forget any of the previous sequels & just watch this one.

Best film I've seen this year by quite a margin.

Highly recommended. 9/10

That one take scene where he's walking around the neighbourhood was really good.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sage said:

10/10 very entertaining

Really liked it too. Not really a huge fan of Ben Stiller so was kind of reluctant to watch it at first, but credit where it's due it's, he's excellent in the role. One of those movies you don't really want to end.