Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Lego Batman. 

Took a few good ideas and stretched them to the limit.

Some older humour..but not the kind that works on two levels so the kids just didnt get it. 

Didn't think it was as good at the Lego Movie. Kids found it distracting enough...but too many lulls where they got slightly bored. 

Really wanted to like it, but was slightly disappointed.

6.5/10

• 5 weeks later...

Went to see Baby Driver last night. From what I'd heard, it wouldn't really be my sort of film,but was persuaded to see it by the Mark Kermode review. 

Really loved the first half, and remember thinking to myself that this is going to be a masterpiece. But the second half was total garbage. Oh well. Brilliant soundtrack. 

Edited by ketteringram

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Went to see Baby Driver last night. From what I'd heard, it wouldn't really be my sort of film,but was persuaded to see it by the Mark Kermode review

Really loved the first half, and remember thinking to myself that this is going to be a masterpiece. But the second half was total garbage. Oh well. Brilliant soundtrack. 

A fellow member of the church?.

Thinking of going to see it for the same reason as I was listening to the review on my way to work this morning. Also love the Cornetto trilogy films.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

A fellow member of the church?.

Thinking of going to see it for the same reason as I was listening to the review on my way to work this morning. Also love the Cornetto trilogy films.

Yes. Church member. I trust his reviews more than anyone else's. If he says something is very good, then I usually go and see it. Apart from horror, which he loves, and I have zero interest in! 

Maybe I need to see Baby Driver a second time. Overall I enjoyed it. Just got stupid in the second half. 

Sith Happens

Guardians of the galaxy 2

6/10 Was ok, went on a bit towards the end. Love the humour in it though.

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Yes. Church member. I trust his reviews more than anyone else's. If he says something is very good, then I usually go and see it. Apart from horror, which he loves, and I have zero interest in!

Agreed except that I do like horror and he does seem to like a lot of documentary type films, which I wouldn't normally dream of going to see at the cinema.

Pleased to make your aquaintance and Hello to Jason Isaacs.

• 3 weeks later...
Sith Happens

Wonder Woman, surprisingly ok after the crap fest of the superman/batman/suicide squad films. 7/10. Certainly the best of that extended universe so far.

Gal Gardots acting is a bit wooden mind.

5 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Just come out of the cinema after paying £17.50 to watch Dunkirk at the Imax. 

Worth double, easily one of the top 5 films I've ever seen, needs to be seen on the biggest screen possible.

10/10.

Good to know. While I tend to avoid reviews until I've seen a new film, many good things about this are osmosing into the Sagan-sphere. Off to the Imax next weekend for it.

Bizarrely it's been the year for WWII films so I've been to he premieres of Their Finest (enjoyed even if Gemma Arterton turned up in the least sexy bright red trouser suit imaginable), Another Mother's Son (sat next to Ronald Koeman and big Duncan Ferguson so that made it fun) and Churchill (terrible - Brian Cox said he based the character on Stewie Griffin!). Nolan has to be the most impressive filmmaker working today and I think an ensemble Dunkirk movie will be a very tough task to get right, but if anyone can do it it's him.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good to know. While I tend to avoid reviews until I've seen a new film, many good things about this are osmosing into the Sagan-sphere. Off to the Imax next weekend for it.

Bizarrely it's been the year for WWII films so I've been to he premieres of Their Finest (enjoyed even if Gemma Arterton turned up in the least sexy bright red trouser suit imaginable), Another Mother's Son (sat next to Ronald Koeman and big Duncan Ferguson so that made it fun) and Churchill (terrible - Brian Cox said he based the character on Stewie Griffin!). Nolan has to be the most impressive filmmaker working today and I think an ensemble Dunkirk movie will be a very tough task to get right, but if anyone can do it it's him.

Its a very hard film to describe, certainly not the film i thought it would be, and more powerful for it.

Its certainly the only time I've watched a film and had to compose myself a good while after, yet I couldn't really say why!

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Its a very hard film to describe, certainly not the film i thought it would be, and more powerful for it.

Its certainly the only time I've watched a film and had to compose myself a good while after, yet I couldn't really say why!

Is it a hard film to watch? Thinking of going one night next week. Must check what cert it is! If it's like first part of Saving Private Ryan, then I won't bother. 

4 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Is it a hard film to watch? Thinking of going one night next week. Must check what cert it is! If it's like first part of Saving Private Ryan, then I won't bother. 

No, not hard to watch from a gore/realism point of view, in fact there's very little gore, if that's what you mean.

I couldn't take my eyes of it, it felt so immersive, saying anymore would ruin it.

Its a 12A cert, and a gentle one at that.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

No, not hard to watch from a gore/realism point of view, in fact there's very little gore, if that's what you mean.

I couldn't take my eyes of it, it felt so immersive, saying anymore would ruin it.

Its a 12A cert, and a gentle one at that.

Excellent. Wednesday night then I reckon. Have to settle for a normal screen though. No idea where nearest Imax would be. I'll check! 

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Just come out of the cinema after paying £17.50 to watch Dunkirk at the Imax. 

Worth double, easily one of the top 5 films I've ever seen, needs to be seen on the biggest screen possible.

10/10.

You didn't enjoy I take it, @Mafiabob?