Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Star Trek Beyond 2/10. Best part of the film was the box of Krax. Predictable, as soon as she came in, help me rescue my ship, it's a trap don't do it!.....oh you did it. No real twists to the storyline, no meat to it at all. Look out for it in Tesco bargain basket for £2.50 next year.

Jason Bourne 10/10. Classic Bourne, what more can be said. Matt Damon is back, hunky as ever, thought the car chase went it a bit far at the end but not enough to ruin another awesome film. 

Ghostbusters N/A. Only saw the first 40 minutes or so, fanny fart joke gave me a chuckle. Seemed enough adult humour in there to keep you entertained if taking the kids.

1 hour ago, David said:

Star Trek Beyond 2/10. Best part of the film was the box of Krax. Predictable, as soon as she came in, help me rescue my ship, it's a trap don't do it!.....oh you did it. No real twists to the storyline, no meat to it at all. Look out for it in Tesco bargain basket for £2.50 next year.

Jason Bourne 10/10. Classic Bourne, what more can be said. Matt Damon is back, hunky as ever, thought the car chase went it a bit far at the end but not enough to ruin another awesome film. 

Ghostbusters N/A. Only saw the first 40 minutes or so, fanny fart joke gave me a chuckle. Seemed enough adult humour in there to keep you entertained if taking the kids.

Bourne isn't predictable then? Because the first three are the same film.

Sith Happens
On 01/08/2016 at 07:32, McRamFan said:

Star Trek Beyond

9/10

If you are a fan there is quite a few Easter eggs in there and a great Beastie boys tune.

Loved it too, best of the 3 new ones so far.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jono said:

Just watched eye in the sky. Excellent. Tense, intelligent thought provoking.

That seems to be the consensus, although I thought it's portrayal of the drone war was unrealistic. 

Sicario on the other hand I was really impressed with.  Entertaining, and it has something to say, leaving a real impression.  9/10.  

On 31 August 2016 at 21:32, TimRam said:

David Brent: Life on the Road - The master of cringe and "digging a hole" is back. Very very funny...rare to find so many laughs in almost every scene in a Comedy film. If you like David Brent in the Office you will enjoy this. 9/10.

I found it a hard watch. For me it was cringeworthy rather than funny - that's not to say that it was anything other than well-written. Ricky Gervais challenges us with his subject matter. He divides opinion and I think he's happy with that. 

I'm glad I saw it but left the cinema with a knot in my stomach. 

Still worthy of 7/10.

On 29 June 2016 at 10:48, Carl Sagan said:

Independence Day: Resurgence. 7/10

Somehow loved it despite the gaping plot holes and predictability. Great B Movie stuff. Basically a couple of hours of pure escapist fun. We will not go quietly into the night...

Oh good .. This is on my list. I am a complete 100% sucker for B movie super sci fi.

i loved the original for all its corny lines .. When the pilots girl meets the presidents wife

.. "Dancer ? What sort ? ballet ?" ... "No, Exotic"

.. Then when they launch the alien craft "I got to get me one of these"

.. "Welcome to earth !" 

Lol 

Swallows and Amazons 8/10

Took my mum as it seemed the best bet for someone 70+ at the cinema. Absolutely superb film structure and writing .Back to a different time. Don't think I read the books. Thought I might be bored, but in fact it was excellent and compelling from start to finish.

And an example that parents should let their kids go off and play so they can actually grow up, rather than not letting them out of their sight for the first 18 years.