Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Love Whiplash.

Fun fact, JK Simmons is also the voice of the yellow M&M.

red M&M is Billy West, who was one of the main VA's on Futurama (Fry, Prof., Zoidberg, Zapp + bunch of minor characters)

Sith Happens

Brothers Grimsby 6/10 - not a bad effort, some genuine laugh out loud moments, but a lot of too silly moments too.

9 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Just caught the last 20 mins of Escape To Victory.  All of its absolutely propostrous but the least convincing thing is Bobby Moore giving away a sloppy penalty.  As if that'd ever happen...

Germans diving for penalties, Germans with cynical niggly fouls....seemed pretty convincing to me....

Battle of Los Angeles

That "of" is very important. Flicking round the channels yesterday I stumbled across this gem on Syfy and after about 6 seconds worked out that it wasn't in fact Battle: Los Angeles - you know, the pretty duff but big budget SciFi Alien attack film from 2011. This one is a made-for-tv rip off which aired the day before the big budget version hit the cinemas (apparently).

Rubbish film-making at it's best & firmly in "so bad it's good" territory, complete with inexplicable ninja MILF and time travelling WW2 fighter pilot, shooting down alien ships with one revolver bullet.

1/10 obviously but if you're in that right frame of mind: 8/10 for the giggles.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Battle of Los Angeles

That "of" is very important. Flicking round the channels yesterday I stumbled across this gem on Syfy and after about 6 seconds worked out that it wasn't in fact Battle: Los Angeles - you know, the pretty duff but big budget SciFi Alien attack film from 2011. This one is a made-for-tv rip off which aired the day before the big budget version hit the cinemas (apparently).

Rubbish film-making at it's best & firmly in "so bad it's good" territory, complete with inexplicable ninja MILF and time travelling WW2 fighter pilot, shooting down alien ships with one revolver bullet.

1/10 obviously but if you're in that right frame of mind: 8/10 for the giggles.

Excellent, will check it out. 

Jungle Book- 9/10

CGI at its best. Jungle Book manages to be a film that is the most technilogically advanced film of all time, something that seems very cold and synthetic for a film, but what makes it great is its a warm and well told story. Loved it, good voice casting too and the kid who plays Mogli is brilliant considering he was working with nothing at all.

X-Men: Apocalypse- 7/10

A mix of fun silly comic-book schlock and some really amazing moments. Jennifer Lawrence is phoning the entire performance in but the rest of the cast is top notch, Fassbended and McAvoy are excellent.

Bridge of Spies- 8/10

Fascinating story, really top draw naturalistic acting and beautifully shot. Classic Spielberg, some people say it's a bit slow but if you're into it then you'll enjoy it.

Drive- 9/10

Watched this again recently after not liking it the first time and loved it. Good naturalistic acting, great soundtrack, it's tense and clever to stray away from hollywood tropes. Be warned, not that much driving.

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Drive- 9/10

Watched this again recently after not liking it the first time and loved it. Good naturalistic acting, great soundtrack, it's tense and clever to stray away from hollywood tropes. Be warned, not that much driving.

I was really confused by Drive. I love noire. I wanted to like it, but the protagonist doesn't sit right with me. I see what they were trying to do in making him the strong, silent type, but it's played up too much. After I watched the film I was genuinely wondering if the protagonist was meant to have some kind of mental disability. Some of the pauses in dialogue are absolutely excruciating. Too long to convey the intended suspense and they just ended up seeming really awkward. The actor is too pretty to be a noire lead as well. Don't get me wrong, I liked it well enough and was pleased to see a modern film try something different, but it didn't justify the collective wetting of panties by every hipster film critic.

Thankskilling, Slink, Crazy Bitches, Apocalypse Kiss

4 of the worst movies I've ever seen, but I watched them via AchievementHunter.com's 'Theatre Mode' show and played along with their drinking game with some friends and it's some of the most fun I've had in a long time.

If you don't have a drinking game planned (mostly nudity based), do not watch these titles.