Tim Brooke Taylor

SKRam

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So sad, I’ve been listening to radio 4 extra a bit on the way to jobs in the morning, they have replays of old radio comedy shows from the Goons right up to recent stuff.  He was in a few shows I’d never heard off, he did a great impression of a eccentric old lady in Sorry, I’ll read that again.

Rest in peace, was he from Buxton?  As there’s a solicitors called Brooke-Taylor’s on the Stockport road on the hill out of town, I always think of him when passing.

On the 17th of July 1940,in Buxton

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

I seem to remember that when he was on 'This Is Your Life' , the whole Derby team were brought on stage to greet him.

I also remember him being a Director at the club at around the time of Mike Wattersons ownership ??

Yes remember this well, a true gent with Black and White blood. Also the kitten bringing down the Post Office Tower will always be a piece of iconic 70's tv.

TBT.jpg

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

So sad, I’ve been listening to radio 4 extra a bit on the way to jobs in the morning, they have replays of old radio comedy shows from the Goons right up to recent stuff.  He was in a few shows I’d never heard off, he did a great impression of a eccentric old lady in Sorry, I’ll read that again.

Rest in peace, was he from Buxton?  As there’s a solicitors called Brooke-Taylor’s on the Stockport road on the hill out of town, I always think of him when passing.

His father was a solicitor and coroner for Buxton I believe . . . 

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Loved the Goodies.

Hate this virus.

The fact that TB-T was a Ram made the Goodies even more special.

I think as a tribute first match back after this evil, horrible hiatus. We should all learn the words to Black Pudding Bertha and sing it as the lads run out on the pitch.

In fact in another thread we were discussing a new anthem, there it is!

1 hour ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Yes remember this well, a true gent with Black and White blood. Also the kitten bringing down the Post Office Tower will always be a piece of iconic 70's tv.

TBT.jpg

Actually, it would have been blue and white blood when this photo was taken??????

Archived