10 things that I love about Derby county

B4ev6is

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thats the one

Gregory was a very good player for us - too good for the divisions we were in at the time (old 3 and 2) but not so good at managing us.

Strange how losing to them down the A52 can be the final straw.... Gregory then Clough junior. I know coincidence... But, perhaps, losing to Forest should become a sackable offence. ?

1. Won the Cup.

2. Won the league. Twice.

3. Broke the British transfer record. 3 times.

4. The badge.

5. The colours.

6. Founder Members.

7. The Manager

8. The Players.

9. The Academy.

10. The fans. Those that don't moan more than half the time, anyway.

In no particular order...

1/  All those blue and white balloons at Hillsborough. '76. (I saw it on the telly... I was 13, and very impressionable)

2/  Just the right number of syllables for "Come on Derby"

3/  Just the right number of syllables for "We are The Rams, Oh yes we are The Rams... Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na"!

4/  Watching irate/frustrated drivers when they get to the roundabout nearest the club shop at "Kick-Off minus 20 minutes", and finding they can't go along the North Stand road, so they have to go all the way back to the A52 and go the long way round.  Even funnier this season, due to the roadworks and lack of access to the Derby-bound side!

5/  Having the coolest named "Official transport" for away games when I started going away... The Ramaway!  Fantastic.

6/  Having the coolest named "Official Club shop" when I started buying DCFC merchandise... The Ramtique!  Fantastic.  

7/  Rams generally having a macho image... all virile and sexually active like!  Imagine being called Robins, Throstles, or a bloody Canary!  Embarrassing!   

8/  How brilliant Derby fans are at maths/counting and stuff

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

In no particular order...

1/  All those blue and white balloons at Hillsborough. '76. (I saw it on the telly... I was 13, and very impressionable)

2/  Just the right number of syllables for "Come on Derby"

3/  Just the right number of syllables for "We are The Rams, Oh yes we are The Rams... Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na"!

4/  Watching irate/frustrated drivers when they get to the roundabout nearest the club shop at "Kick-Off minus 20 minutes", and finding they can't go along the North Stand road, so they have to go all the way back to the A52 and go the long way round.  Even funnier this season, due to the roadworks and lack of access to the Derby-bound side!

5/  Having the coolest named "Official transport" for away games when I started going away... The Ramaway!  Fantastic.

6/  Having the coolest named "Official Club shop" when I started buying DCFC merchandise... The Ramtique!  Fantastic.  

7/  Rams generally having a macho image... all virile and sexually active like!  Imagine being called Robins, Throstles, or a bloody Canary!  Embarrassing!   

8/  How brilliant Derby fans are at maths/counting and stuff

9/ you're gonna get your fookin heads kicked in/you're going home in a Derby ambulance

10/ Derby aggro, Derby aggro, Derby aggro, hello, hello , Derby aggro etc....

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

6. Derby beat manchester united at old trafford and fight shown last season.

What that reminds me of... was how sensational Harry Wilson's free kicks were....I used to think Rioch and Idiakez were the best we've ever had but there's a strong case to say that Wilson topped them. It was getting to the stage where a free kick was as good as a goal.

The other thing from that game was the shoot out and who scored that winning penalty.

Nice memory B4. Thanks.

On 11/04/2020 at 19:57, angieram said:

Great night and I really regret not going to that one.

Excellent game to choose, @B4ev6is.

Me too, nearly went with my ex but for some reason we didn't, genuinely can't remember why. Watched it on the box though, everything went out the window for me when Fellaini scored in injury time, but we were not going to give up that easily. 

What a game. 

1) it brought me back to live football after a long long absence. 
2) made me really understand that triumph and disaster are never far apart and you don’t have to win every match to love your team and your club. 

The rest are just the recent memories and thoughts of a Johnny come lately half fan

3) Will Hughes showboating through Leicester’s midfield in the cup

4) Jack Marriott making Leeds cry

5) Vydra scoring that early one against Forest 

6) Nug getting a hat trick 

7) when the crowd used to sing Johnny Russell’s song 

8 Lampard doing those weird hand gestures when he started the bounce

9 ) 5-0 Forest and later learning that someone on this forum actually has Brysons boots from that day - Excalibur ! 

10) DCFC fans .. the banter, the arguments, the family 

Archived