10 things that I love about Derby county

B4ev6is

28 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Are you ok? 

Ha, no worse than usual! I just struggle to think of a club with a worse rap sheet than us but we're still here. Football in general & being Derby especially is a bit masochistic.

26 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree. There are more disasters but these 10 will do.  I assume you are 50 plus? Because you've used a term for a girl I haven't heard in years. Bint. A good old army word from Arabic or Hindi. It was commonly used when I was a kid until the term "bird" came along in the early 60s. 

Very early 40s ? Bint is a well used term up here in West Yorkshire ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

How old were you buddy, which stand did you go in, and what do you remember about the game and score? I don’t think I ever saw Wolves at the BBG.  Went to Molineux a number of times in the 80/90s.

I did .  Hated Steve Bull . Ran us ragged every match.  Bull might be the dirtiest forward I've seen and used to terrify Craig Short.  One of the most satisfying things I've seen at a match was Stimac not giving him a kick apart from the one square in Bulls baalocks that got him a yellow card after old Stevie elbowed him the face.

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1. The Badge . . . 

637F3B15-4925-4B16-87A0-7EA6DD02097B.jpeg

So....I know it’s been discussed, but who added the eye and when. I prefer the original.

1970 team with green, robson, Mackay, durban, Carlin, 

1972 team with Boulton, McFarland, Todd, gemmill, o’hare, Hector, hinton

1975 team with rioch, George, nish

1978 team with langan, Buckley, Ryan, daly

1980 team with Wilson, swindlehurst and biley

1985 team with hindmarch, mclaren, gee, Davison, chandler

1987 team with sage, Gregory, Williams, micklewhite, 

1989 team with Wright, Saunders, mcminn

1994 team with Johnson, Cowans, short, Williams 

1996 team with stimac, Powell, Sturridge

1998 team with Baniano, wanchope,  Eranio, dailly

2004 team with idiakez, Smith, rasiak

2007 team with Barnes, Howard, oakley

2009 team with commons, hulse, green, 

2014 team with Hughes, Bryson, Martin, ward, russell, Bucko, keogh

2019 team with mount, Wilson, tomori, Marriott 

2020 team with knight, sibley, bird, 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I did .  Hated Steve Bull . Ran us ragged every match.  Bull might be the dirtiest forward I've seen and used to terrify Craig Short.  One of the most satisfying things I've seen at a match was Stimac not giving him a kick apart from the one square in Bulls baalocks that got him a yellow card after old Stevie elbowed him the face.

I love classic football. Kick in the 'nads - yellow card ?

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

So....I know it’s been discussed, but who added the eye and when. I prefer the original.

Don’t know the answers to your questions but I prefer it with the eye, it makes it look more menacing.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Number 2.

When Derby county got promation premership first time under jim smith also when Derby got promation billy davies 2nd time at wrembly.

I was aware of the first promotion but it was at a time in my life when I was busy elsewhere and not attending matches. I am enjoying the opportunity to catch up with some of those matches on Rams TV.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Number 2.

When Derby county got promation premership first time under jim smith also when Derby got promation billy davies 2nd time at wrembly.

Great days under Jim. What a lovely man. Happy times.

Second promotion under Wee Billy, soured by the man himself, irrespective of what happened next.

You are a great fan B4, you deserve your team to be more successful ?

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Meeting one of all time players I met at old Derby counrt traning place when I met earino such nice man I remmber getting picture with signing my program. I remmber smile as big as the moon.

I'm not surprised.  I'm sure he was absolutely thrilled to have met you.  ?

14 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Popside

Ossie End

C Stand

Ramaway

Shaftesbury Crescent

Ivy Square

London Road

Train Station

Chippy

Green un

I remmber going to first ever away but this is john ex Derby player as manager can't remember his name now. Derby vs Grimsby town in old 1st divison.

Archived