Left Hand Free?

Rambam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Then you get the weirdos

My Dad was left footed but right handed and even weirder my mate was left handed and left footed and at cricket he bowled left handed but he batted right handed ????

Whats that all about ?

Left footed, but forced to learn to use my right one time I did my hamstring in and decided to come back too early. Right handed but eat left handed (American?) - In my defence on that one, the main utensil to shovel into my gob is the fork, so don't know why you'd want that in your weaker hand.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Right handed but eat left handed (American?) - In my defence on that one, the main utensil to shovel into my gob is the fork, so don't know why you'd want that in your weaker hand

The idea is that you have your cutting utensil in your stronger hand. Makes sense if you’re eating say a steak, but most of the time only a fork is needed and when flying solo I will have that in my right 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Left footed, but forced to learn to use my right one time I did my hamstring in and decided to come back too early. Right handed but eat left handed (American?) - In my defence on that one, the main utensil to shovel into my gob is the fork, so don't know why you'd want that in your weaker hand.

You just made me remember something as a kid under 11 I would say I went for tennis lessons and I naturally swapped the racket and played all forehands, it was coached out of me and I was forced to play backhands which I was far worse at..

28 minutes ago, Srg said:

Right handed but eat left handed (American?) - In my defence on that one, the main utensil to shovel into my gob is the fork, so don't know why you'd want that in your weaker hand.

I've had this debate with my family many times. I eat the same myself. I usually wait until dessert is served and ask them why they are using their right hand and not their left to shovel? ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I write, throw and kick(mainly) lefty. I catch, bat and play tennis right handed, yet play table tennis either handed but usually left.

For stuff like painting(decorating not art) and general DIY I'm pretty much ambidextrous, which is handy as you don't have to move the ladder as often.

I think I'm intelligent, but then modesty is a right hander trait!

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I’m the same. My Mrs goes mad about me eating with the ‘wrong’ hand but I can do either. Obvs I do it ‘wrong’ in the posher restaurants just to wind her up. 

Shinnie and Sibs both played good passes with their right foot against Blackburn. And Bird I think. 

13 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Statistically of course that's highly unusual but in a very positive way. A couple of years ago I listened to a very good broadcast by England cricket's analyst Simon Hughes who had found some research showing that statistically left-handed batsman were disproportionately represented amongst internationals cricketers and he followed up by interviewing a Cambridge University Neurologist who had carried out neurological research which demonstrated that left-handers have a thicker corpus callosum connecting their left and right brain hemispheres. This means that communication between the visuo-spatial areas of the brain is quicker in the brains of left-handers than in right handers and gives them greater proprioception, which basically gives them an advantage in sport. In short, left-handers perceive and visualise situations quicker. So, 7 left-footers can only be a very good thing. 

Link to article:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/simon-hughes-on-the-secret-behind-left-handers-success-they-can-use-more-of-their-brains-ghbfvf797

Maradona, Messi, Di Stefano, Puskas and Cruyff all left footers.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

I write, throw and kick(mainly) lefty. I catch, bat and play tennis right handed, yet play table tennis either handed but usually left.

For stuff like painting(decorating not art) and general DIY I'm pretty much ambidextrous, which is handy as you don't have to move the ladder as often.

I think I'm intelligent, but then modesty is a right hander trait!

My Old man was what you would call Cross Dominant, some things he could only do left handed (Play Cricket/Golf) and some things he could only do right handed (Football/Writing/diy) True Ambidextrousness is very rare where people can use either hand to do a task just as effectively.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Weird stat... Over the past 100 years, 47% of US presidents have been left handed, vs about 10% in the general population. 

Them lefties certainly have something.

Not for the last 4 years they haven't...  Mores the pity

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Left footed and right handed checking in. Must be a few of us weirdos about. 

My lad's the same...

Weirdly I've always felt more comfortable trying to play the guitar left handed although I write with my right.  Just feels more natural doing it that way...

Archived