Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What the better london stays in teir 2 or goes down tier 1

There is more chance of us getting promoted this season than London going to Tier 1 this time.

But I agree Tier 2 may remain.

On 13/12/2020 at 02:40, Mostyn6 said:

oh, so racking up further debt to survive, instead of actually working and earning, is a good thing?

I had a bounceback loan, now I've got a panic about paying it back! (Not that I'm a pub, but a loan is not a brilliant solution)

Loans only make sense in a recovery, and sadly the UK is some way off that right now. A really tough situation right now. 

Not convinced the tier system is achieving its goal at the moment, and I'm starting to get worried that the government's plan is just having the country in this weird holding pattern while it rolls out a vaccine as quickly as possible. The issue there being that it'll be months of this, while businesses in desperate need for stimulus keep racking up debt that even if they do somehow survive, will depress growth for a long time to come. 

59 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I would the obvious choice for widow twanky is @Eddie

If you would have seen me on the CCN Children In Need pub crawl through Nottingham about 30 years ago, it would have been more than just a suggestion - it would have been nailed on. Three of us were in full-blown (heh) drag, wigs, high heels, the lot. My bloody ankles are still killing me.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If you would have seen me on the CCN Children In Need pub crawl through Nottingham about 30 years ago, it would have been more than just a suggestion - it would have been nailed on. Three of us were in full-blown (heh) drag, wigs, high heels, the lot. My bloody ankles are still killing me.

Sounds like a normal night out in Nottingham. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Sorry about that, I shouldn't have doubled my donation if you put your feet behind your ears.

Good night, mind.

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Loans only make sense in a recovery, and sadly the UK is some way off that right now. A really tough situation right now. 

Not convinced the tier system is achieving its goal at the moment, and I'm starting to get worried that the government's plan is just having the country in this weird holding pattern while it rolls out a vaccine as quickly as possible. The issue there being that it'll be months of this, while businesses in desperate need for stimulus keep racking up debt that even if they do somehow survive, will depress growth for a long time to come. 

First thing in a while I fully agree with you with.

My hope is that although cases won’t but if hospital numbers start falling early next year because of the vaccine that public pressure will build.

Restricting an economy that is putting just a low number of people in hospital would be suicidal.

On 12/12/2020 at 16:10, Mostyn6 said:

oh, so racking up further debt to survive, instead of actually working and earning, is a good thing?

I had a bounceback loan, now I've got a panic about paying it back! (Not that I'm a pub, but a loan is not a brilliant solution)

Not that it’s a great deal of consolation but, in case you’ve not seen it yet, I’m working on the Bounce Back Loan Scheme project for a major bank and there is a little more assistance coming (not more money). It won’t make the loan go away but it might help a little.

44 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not that it’s a great deal of consolation but, in case you’ve not seen it yet, I’m working on the Bounce Back Loan Scheme project for a major bank and there is a little more assistance coming (not more money). It won’t make the loan go away but it might help a little.

A further deferral of capital/interest?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

A further deferral of capital/interest?

It's called Pay As You Grow. You will be able to select one or more of the following:

1) extend the term to 10 years

2) request up to three capital repayment holidays (six months for each so max 18 months in total)

3) request a six-month capital and interest repayment holiday (although you can't select this until you've made at least 6 repayments)

All options mean you'll end up paying more in the long run (unless you pay it off early) but may help if it's taking a little longer to get back on your feet.

Your bank will be writing to you about it shortly. 

Archived