Coronavirus

1of4

42 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I thik we all feel like that - Except that's not what you were saying, you're trying to use the fact that we dont know how long it will take as some sort of weird argument against being supportive of the vaccine.

Well do you not think if a vaccine is going to be mandated then people might want to know what the outcome us going to be?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Ugh - who'd have thought the media would be trying to polarise yet another issue? ?

What next?

Should we refuse to bury Vaccine Refusers because it's their own fault? Should we put their bodies on posts for people to hit with sticks?

Its not just the media though... a quick google search returned this;

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/states-fine-prison-covid-vaccine/

I didn't see anything for the UK but I literally only checked the first few results which were all from the US.

Personally I don't have a problem taking the vaccine.  I'm in the healthy under 50s group though so will get it last anyway and will be able to see what, if any, short to medium term problems may arise in others before I take mine ?

Not entirely keen on having a covid passport or being told I have to take it though for other reasons.

Oh dear, it is on Facebook suggesting the vaccine will be mandatory. Quelle surprise!

https://fullfact.org/online/mandatory-vaccine-plans/

Vaccines are not mandatory in the UK, as we have written before. The government’s own guidelines on vaccinations saysindividuals “must be given enough information to enable them to make a decision before they can give consent.”

If any coercion was involved in the process I'd have to be killed before having the vaccine as I'd never stand for government bullying saying that I have faith in the Conservative government to give us the choice and I will be having it because of that because even though I probably don't need it, if everyone thought for themselves we would be screwed. No way I'd be bullied by the government to take something if they were acting like Stalin. 

44 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Oh dear, it is on Facebook suggesting the vaccine will be mandatory. Quelle surprise!

https://fullfact.org/online/mandatory-vaccine-plans/

Vaccines are not mandatory in the UK, as we have written before. The government’s own guidelines on vaccinations saysindividuals “must be given enough information to enable them to make a decision before they can give consent.”

Although it also says;

Evidence submitted to a parliamentary committee by four academics argues that the government may want to consider making a Covid-19 vaccine mandatory. This is not being proposed by the government.

Ask me if I want a vaccine and I'll queue up for one.  Demand that I have one or face jail (as will potentially be the case in some US States) I'd go on the run!

17 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Although it also says;

Evidence submitted to a parliamentary committee by four academics argues that the government may want to consider making a Covid-19 vaccine mandatory. This is not being proposed by the government.

Ask me if I want a vaccine and I'll queue up for one.  Demand that I have one or face jail (as will potentially be the case in some US States) I'd go on the run!

Education on the overall benefit of vaccines is 100% the way forward.  

If people are in doubt about vaccines they should speak to their GP and ask questions.

Self interpretation of vaccine data by those who have no specific training in the subject should be viewed with great skepticism. 

13 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Education on the overall benefit of vaccines is 100% the way forward.  

If people are in doubt about vaccines they should speak to their GP and ask questions.

Self interpretation of vaccine data by those who have no specific training in the subject should be viewed with great skepticism. 

I'd agree with that, I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination but I would judge any Government that demanded I inject myself with something or suffer criminal consequences with a healthy dose of scepticism.

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If any coercion was involved in the process I'd have to be killed before having the vaccine as I'd never stand for government bullying saying that I have faith in the Conservative government to give us the choice and I will be having it because of that because even though I probably don't need it, if everyone thought for themselves we would be screwed. No way I'd be bullied by the government to take something if they were acting like Stalin. 

How would you feel if it was mandatory to wear a face mask in public if you choose not to have a vaccine? 

Subject to pre existing health conditions etc 

This isn’t a scenario I have seen be suggested, just interested to hear your opinion. 

17 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'd agree with that, I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination but I would judge any Government that demanded I inject myself with something or suffer criminal consequences with a healthy dose of scepticism.

Same here - if it was mandatory I'd be deeply sceptical.

Even not mandatory, I think everyone is right to be seeking assurances on the safety, the test results and details of how it works/affects the body.

My problem is with people who have already decided they won't have it, before any of the above details are available, and indeed before the testing has finished, before the licenses have been granted, before the peer-reviews have been published and before there is even any realistic date for any of this.

Surely the time to decide, is the point where the vaccination is available to to you (and for people under 50 that might be quite a long time, possibly never) and you have evaluated the data as it stands

Anything else is just based on fear and/or ignorance

11 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

How would you feel if it was mandatory to wear a face mask in public if you choose not to have a vaccine? 

This isn’t a scenario I have seen be suggested, just interested to hear your opinion. 

I can see why that makes sense because it's only a small sacrifice for the chance of reducing the risk for other people, probably would support it even though it takes away people's choice but it would be hard to enforce and if it was enforced badly by making people wear something to show they haven't been vaccinated I wouldn't support it because it would stigmatise people. 

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I can see why that makes sense because it's only a small sacrifice for the chance of reducing the risk for other people, probably would support it even though it takes away people's choice but it would be hard to enforce and if it was enforced badly by making people wear something to show they haven't been vaccinated I wouldn't support it because it would stigmatise people. 

Yeah you make some good points.

What about mandatory testing on a weekly basis? 

27 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

I know the question wasn't aimed at me, but I would be very uncomfortable with that.

Archived