Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, admira said:

Well we've all been sent home to work for 'weeks or months'. I might grow a beard and long hair.

Our place has been homeworking since Monday. Our office manager instant messaged us asking how we were getting on. One bloke replied that it makes "The Shining" more understandable!

An Australian tourist in his thirties sought medical help in the town of Húsavík in northern Iceland and died shortly thereafter.  He had the virus, but his symptoms did not match the reported symptoms for the disease.  This is the first Covid19 related death in Iceland.  224 have tested positive for the virus and over a thousand are tested per day.

There are at least 2 strains going around, one called S, the other L, S being the original virus, L a mutated virus and is much more serious.  Iranian health officials claim to have a third strain.

22 minutes ago, ramit said:

An Australian tourist in his thirties sought medical help in the town of Húsavík in northern Iceland and died shortly thereafter.  He had the virus, but his symptoms did not match the reported symptoms for the disease.  This is the first Covid19 related death in Iceland.  224 have tested positive for the virus and over a thousand are tested per day.

There are at least 2 strains going around, one called S, the other L, S being the original virus, L a mutated virus and is much more serious.  Iranian health officials claim to have a third strain.

Don't tell me you're a new member in @Bob The Badger's club?

28 minutes ago, ramit said:

It's quite normal for multiple strains to be going round. A virus mutates every time it replicates but keeps the core DNA that identifies it.

I understood the L strain of Covid19 was more aggressive, in that it transfers more easily between hosts, but that it isn't necessarily more serious in terms of symptoms.

6 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I understood the L strain of Covid19 was more aggressive, in that it transfers more easily between hosts, but that it isn't necessarily more serious in terms of symptoms.

Apologies.

After checking i see you are correct, data is still being analyzed on the strains.

We have both strains here, L being much the more common and we have been led to believe that L is more serious.  Teaches one to take everything not fully proven with a grain of salt.

Archived