Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ramesses said:

However, I've no idea where @G STAR RAMand @maxjamgot their figures from. Although looking at that Daily Mail article I suspect they might be confusing overall deaths with excess deaths.

Most sources I found were quoting estimates from the flu seasons covering the years 2014/15-2017/18, Here the flu is estimated to have led to an average of about 17k excess deaths per season (range about 12k to 28k).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-vaccine-deaths-nhs-ineffective-crisis-bad-weather-illness-2017-a8660496.html

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

and it’s not a virus that for the 99.98% majority is nothing more than a common cold

Nice double negative

My sister's best friend (in her 40s) has been referred to the Long Covid clinic at Queens Medical. She would strongly argue that it's more than a common cold

British Medical Journal link scientific enough for you - or do you just want to cling to your ill-informed opinion that there is nothing to see here?

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3489

“Profound fatigue” was a common symptom in most people with long covid, she said, but added that a wide range of other symptoms included cough, breathlessness, muscle and body aches, and chest heaviness or pressure, but also skin rashes, palpitations, fever, headache, diarrhoea, and pins and needles. “A very common feature is the relapsing, remitting nature of the illness, where you feel as though you’ve recovered, then it hits you back,” she said.

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Nice double negative

My sister's best friend (in her 40s) has been referred to the Long Covid clinic at Queens Medical. She would strongly argue that it's more than a common cold

British Medical Journal link scientific enough for you - or do you just want to cling to your ill-informed opinion that there is nothing to see here?

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3489

I’ll stick to what the data says rather than your little anecdotal evidence. Hope your friend of a friend of a friend is ok, and I seriously mean that I wouldn’t wish illness on anyone. We have numerous illness that have extra effects for some, but the majority it won’t.  I’ll stand by my beliefs what we are doing and the reaction to it will cause far more damage, whatever snipes, personal abuse and stories I get in reply won’t change that, as I do not care about you or what you think. 

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anyone got the contact tracing app? Looks simple. Not sure why we mucked about for seven months trying to make our own at great expense when this one could have been stood up much more quickly.

Because there were a lot of ££££££s to be made by certain companies for trying to make our own 'world beating' app, all courtesy of the taxpayer ?

(My area risk is 'high' by the way)

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’ll stick to what the data says rather than your little anecdotal evidence. Hope your friend of a friend of a friend is ok, and I seriously mean that I wouldn’t wish illness on anyone. We have numerous illness that have extra effects for some, but the majority it won’t.  I’ll stand by my beliefs what we are doing and the reaction to it will cause far more damage, whatever snipes, personal abuse and stories I get in reply won’t change that, as I do not care about you or what you think. 

We need more martyrs like you, bravely defending your beliefs, regardless of what anyone says. "I do not care about you or what you think" comes across as a little confrontational though. It you want people to believe in you, you may need to be more understanding. Or perhaps you aren't bothered about conversions, the heathens can be left behind?

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

We need more martyrs like you, bravely defending your beliefs, regardless of what anyone says. "I do not care about you or what you think" comes across as a little confrontational though. It you want people to believe in you, you may need to be more understanding. Or perhaps you aren't bothered about conversions, the heathens can be left behind?

Yeah ok I’ll take that, I think your right actually ??

18 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If you believe it can, then is does.

I don't know either way that's why I'm asking! Seems to me that we need to work out how bad covid is to the health of its surviving victims. Surely this drives the policy in a similar fashion to lethality.?

On 22/09/2020 at 15:55, TexasRam said:

Just challenging again from yesterday. Sir Patrick Vallance “Chief Scientific advisor” numbers, he calculates that we will have 50k infections a day by mid-October, with 200 deaths a day a couple of weeks after. Applying this same method, the entire population will have had Covid-19 and 11.5M of us dead before Christmas day. Shortly after New year’s day, all Human life in the UK will have ended……….

#Awkward 

18 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

#Awkward 

Wait till you hear about all those other £multi-million contracts that the government have dished out to their pals without any tendering or due dligence.

Would be nice if people got less angry about wearing masks in the supermarket and a bit more angry at the (already) rich people getting even richer off the back of a global crisis

40 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

..and the studies being documented by the British Medical Journal

I think the lady doth protest too much ?

I think I mentioned it before, in general I’m just mardy bstard ?

Archived