Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

It genuinely concerns me that so many people like yourself are infected with political correctness.

Christ almighty lad, if you knew me, you’d know I’m the least PC bloke going. But this is really really serious stuff, and I’m afraid you’re gonna need to wake up to it. This will impact the world more than any event since the end of WW2. It’ll be months, maybe even a year, until things begin to return to normal.

Keep seeing people saying that if your grandparents got it, you'd feel differently about the severity of it and  debates over who should take priority of hospital beds etc. Which got me thinking a lot. 

My gran has severe dementia. Kind of hope she gets it. I'm going off track here, but why can't we as humans be able to put other humans out of their misery? 

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Norman said:

Keep seeing people saying that if your grandparents got it, you'd feel differently about the severity of it and  debates over who should take priority of hospital beds etc. Which got me thinking a lot. 

My gran has severe dementia. Kind of hope she gets it. I'm going off track here, but why can't we as humans be able to put other humans out of their misery? 

Sorry to read that and do get where you are coming from, we do try and preserve life as long as we can, but to what end? Could easily be a topic and discussion all of its own. I do fear for the vulnerable in care homes though with this, not just those at risk of dying, but those who could experience severe loneliness over the coming weeks and months, and that includes elderly who live alone too.

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Sorry about your Gran,lost my mum to dementia,bloody awful.

Totally understand where you’re coming from.

8 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

It genuinely concerns me that so many people like yourself are infected with political correctness.

Unbelievable. I notice you’ve not yet replied to my response to your earlier post about diverting NHS resources and the seriousness of the virus.

You do realise the holocaust actually happened and Elvis doesn’t really work down the chip shop don’t you?

Does anybody know anyone who’s actually got the virus ? I work in a company with 11k people globally including a large % in China and lots and lots of international travel............not one single case amongst the Group?!?!?  Just interested to know if someone knows anyone with it.

I don't know if this news has broken yet in the British press, but Donald Trump certainly takes the coronavirus seriously.

In Germany it is widely being reported that the US government has offered a large sum of money to buy the exclusive rights to a coronavirus vaccine being developed by CureVac, a company based in Tübingen which is receiving support from the Paul Ehrlich Institut, a government-run medcial research foundation funded with taxpayers' money. 

Please be nice to the Germans. You might want something from them someday.

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/unternehmen/coronavirus-usa-wollen-deutschen-impfstoffhersteller-kaufen-16679769.html

49 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Mum and Dad are self isolating as from today. They are ok but cannot treat this lightly. My brothers and me are on standby in case they need anything.

This is the reality for many of us.

My mother is very frail and lives alone in her house.  My sister and my wife and i have been coming over to assist her with shopping and driving her where she needs to go these last few years.  Wife and i are going to do shopping for her today.  She refuses to buy more in than for a couple of days, but now with this thing going on i am trying to explain to her that we need to buy in more at a time.  On top of that, i am still ill with the flu, well i hope it's the flu and i really don't want to be out among people.

22 minutes ago, ramit said:

........... On top of that, i am still ill with the flu, well i hope it's the flu and i really don't want to be out among people.

You haven't got flu. You would be virtually disabled in your bed if you had flu, feeling like a train had just run over you.

35 minutes ago, ramit said:

My mother is very frail and lives alone in her house.  My sister and my wife and i have been coming over to assist her with shopping and driving her where she needs to go these last few years.  Wife and i are going to do shopping for her today.  She refuses to buy more in than for a couple of days, but now with this thing going on i am trying to explain to her that we need to buy in more at a time.  On top of that, i am still ill with the flu, well i hope it's the flu and i really don't want to be out among people.

Hope mum is ok...get well soon mate.

44 minutes ago, ramit said:

I'd be the opposite, I'd be praying it's the Coronavirus. At least you'd have passed it with minor effects. If the majority of us have to catch it, it would be best on a personal level to catch it early.

Archived