DC United Friendly

ThePrisoner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really a good idea to be shacking all the way over to the US mid way through our season? I mean don’t get me wrong, I can see the reasoning behind it from a financial point of view - play a friendly when we don’t have any games during an international break (presumably), sell it as an “exhibition” for Rooney and make some cash. Definitely a logical idea by the board to try and raise some funds to offset FFP. But is it really practical? I can’t say I’m ever a fan of any “team bonding” trip mid season, even some of these training camps teams do - I always feel that once pre season is over, they shouldn’t be necessary. I’d much rather we just focused on working hard in training over the international break to make sure we get where we need to be in the league next season, rather than faffing around playing other games. Seems an unnecessary distraction to me.

Is this because our 21 point deduction won’t be rolling in until 20/21 and as such, our season will effectively be over by October?

When you think about that possibility, it sure makes sense.

The players will need to play substandard American opposition and get a morale boosting win.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Is it really a good idea to be shacking all the way over to the US mid way through our season? I mean don’t get me wrong, I can see the reasoning behind it from a financial point of view - play a friendly when we don’t have any games during an international break (presumably), sell it as an “exhibition” for Rooney and make some cash. Definitely a logical idea by the board to try and raise some funds to offset FFP. But is it really practical? I can’t say I’m ever a fan of any “team bonding” trip mid season, even some of these training camps teams do - I always feel that once pre season is over, they shouldn’t be necessary. I’d much rather we just focused on working hard in training over the international break to make sure we get where we need to be in the league next season, rather than faffing around playing other games. Seems an unnecessary distraction to me.

Bit unlike you to be negative Millenniumram.

Don't see a problem with it myself, as it's not like it's in Australia or somewhere further afield.  4 day trip maximum in the middle of an otherwise boring international break.  Could even play with a majority of U23s.  As long as they keep the entire squad away from a bowling alley or bar, I can't see anything going wrong...

7 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Bit unlike you to be negative Millenniumram.

Ooh, you’ve got me hypothesising again.  I’ve now got a new theory around Millenium Rams surprise positive post on Sunday morning...

He did indeed pull on Saturday night and upon discovering the world was a brighter more colourful place he decided to share the love and joy in his heart by breaking all tradition and making a first positive post.

His eyes would have twinkled as his fingers danced across the screen. A kettle would gently whistle in the background as he went on to show a new considerate and caring side to his nature as he made made his new found love a cup of tea while she slept softly on, satiated by the powerful love making that had followed the night before but blissfully unaware of how she had changed @Millenniumram’s life.

Unfortunately I fear the return to negative posting is the result of him delivering the cup of tea to his sleeping beauty, only to find that she was in fact @DarkFruitsRam7 in a wig.

33 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Ooh, you’ve got me hypothesising again.  I’ve now got a new theory around Millenium Rams surprise positive post on Sunday morning...

He did indeed pull on Saturday night and upon discovering the world was a brighter more colourful place he decided to share the love and joy in his heart by breaking all tradition and making a first positive post.

His eyes would have twinkled as his fingers danced across the screen. A kettle would gently whistle in the background as he went on to show a new considerate and caring side to his nature as he made made his new found love a cup of tea while she slept softly on, satiated by the powerful love making that had followed the night before but blissfully unaware of how she had changed @Millenniumram’s life.

Unfortunately I fear the return to negative posting is the result of him delivering the cup of tea to his sleeping beauty, only to find that she was in fact @DarkFruitsRam7 in a wig.

God dammit you worked it out.....?

Ill be waiting for round 2 in the gents on Saturday 

42 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Horsehair?

"You don't look too good yourself mate, I'll see myself out".

Archived