v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You can't put the blame entirely on the fans. Roos has demonstrated his inconsistency over an extended period of time.

Having fans on his side would help his confidence but it's up to him and the coaches to teach him how to deal with crosses.

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

A bit harsh, almost like you are saying Hamer is just bad and Roos is only bad because of the fans getting on his back.

Roos was given plenty of support last season and even early on this season, even though he pretty much ruined us in the play off final. I think fans were pretty patient with him...I’d just blame Cocu for continuously putting him back out there to get battered. 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I dont think this is on the fans, I think they're just both really crap.

Roos is miles better though still, I can't believe how many times I've had to say this. Roos is a poor Championship keeper who would probably win POTY in a League One side. Ben Hamer is straight up mid table League Two standard. No positioning, no shot stopping, no commanding, no distribution. He can catch, fine, but that's like the minimum I expect from a keeper. Roos is guilty only of trying to keep us moving when he needn't. And the horrorshow at Wembley did real damage

All valid points

But the way Hamer is treated is definitely different to how Roos has been treated. I’m not saying I want Hamer to be jeered ironically but it would be nice if it hadn’t happened to Roos.

Both are poor but Hamer is absolutely rubbish. Flat footed, on his heels half the time and wastes probably three minutes a match with the ball in his hands for absolutely no reason.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Can anyone sum up in a sentence, what the game plan is away from home ?

As far as I can tell the gameplan is the same but the players have been instructed to lack confidence, be hesitant and play generally sloppy.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

All valid points

But the way Hamer is treated is definitely different to how Roos has been treated. I’m not saying I want Hamer to be jeered ironically but it would be nice if it hadn’t happened to Roos.

Both are poor but Hamer is absolutely rubbish. Flat footed, on his heels half the time and wastes probably three minutes a match with the ball in his hands for absolutely no reason.

Totally agreed 100%. Roos is twice the player Hamer is, and Roos is still crap.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Garbage post. Say whatever you want about our fans but the poor showing of Hamer does not land at their doorstep 

Assuming you mean Roos otherwise your post makes absolutely no sense?

I would say the fans have definitely helped to destroy the confidence of our previous first choice keeper by ironically cheering every time he catches a ball. Entirely up to you if you think that’s garbage.

All valid points

I think Roos only got that though because Cocu didn’t give him time out of the team.

The bloke was ruined and he still played which just angered fans who took it out on him.

Don’t get me wrong, I literally cringe every time I hear the ironic cheers when Roos catches a ball and would never vocally show frustration with a player, but Cocu should have protected him.

I think if Hamer continually makes errors the same will happen to him, he’s just not got to that point yet. 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

I nearly cursed him aswell because bogle had acres if space 

Morgan's a very direct player. Both a positive trait and a flaw.

He wins a corner. 5 minutes added on.

Assuming you mean Roos otherwise your post makes absolutely no sense?

I would say the fans have definitely helped to destroy the confidence of our previous first choice keeper by ironically cheering every time he catches a ball. Entirely up to you if you think that’s garbage.

I don't agree that Derby fans have been responsible for Hamers performances, you stated "as well" in your post which I read as Hamer now as well as Roos before him.

Archived