Professional Photographer Recommendations

Day

Quickly finding out that weddings are a rip off, be it cake, invitations, dresses, stick wedding before it and the cost quickly ramps up.

The worst? Photographers, don’t get me wrong it’s a skill/talent, everyone can press a button on a camera but if you want great looking photos you need someone that knows their ISO from their megapixels and how to not let the light shine off your bald patch.

Quotes however are coming in at around £2000-£2500 which quite simple is not happening.

I could take my dog for a professional photoshoot in a studio which would be a right handful for a fraction of the cost.

If anyone knows a photographer, that has an online portfolio of previous weddings and a little more reasonable price drop a link below. 

But I’m not paying two and a half flipping grand. No way Pedro.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that is expensive. Think we 'only' paid about 1k in 2006 and that was down south. Good to get more of an amateur/less experienced wedding photographer, who is actually really good at taking photos and might do something more interesting than your traditional one.

Everyone might do this now but rather than a dj, we just hired sound and light equipment for couple of hundred quid and played our own playlist. 

Pretty much everyone has a good camera on their phones these days, at a wedding I went to recently they asked everyone to take as many photo's as possible and email them to the bride and groom - they put together a great scrap book of the day which imo was much more natural than a series of staged photo's.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Pretty much everyone has a good camera on their phones these days, at a wedding I went to recently they asked everyone to take as many photo's as possible and email them to the bride and groom - they put together a great scrap book of the day which imo was much more natural than a series of staged photo's.

In this day and age?  With the aforementioned camera phones of today?  No contest!  That's be my approach too... even if I had a million in the bank!

8 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Amazed that 90% of them weren't selfies

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Thought about that, and for the cake cutting, first dance stuff be alright, but the main pictures might be a bit weird. 

Getting married at a hotel, all in one thing and already have to pay £150 to get pictures taken on the golf course behind the venue as they own the land. 

Rip off? Absolutely, like I say it’s a wedding. But they do stick you on a bunch of golf carts to take you over to the lake for that. 

Not sure all the guests can jump on with their iPhones.

All guests will be told this is an iPhone only event, any Android phone spotted will be evicted from the venue.

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Amazed that 90% of them weren't selfies

Haha, I think they just picked the best from the day!  They had a few nice staged ones of the family after the wedding but most were natural pics taken during the meal/party - told a story of the entire day far better than a set of professional photographs would ever have done imo.

1 hour ago, David said:

Quickly finding out that weddings are a rip off, be it cake, invitations, dresses, stick wedding before it and the cost quickly ramps up.

The worst? Photographers, don’t get me wrong it’s a skill/talent, everyone can press a button on a camera but if you want great looking photos you need someone that knows their ISO from their megapixels and how to not let the light shine off your bald patch.

Quotes however are coming in at around £2000-£2500 which quite simple is not happening.

I could take my dog for a professional photoshoot in a studio which would be a right handful for a fraction of the cost.

If anyone knows a photographer, that has an online portfolio of previous weddings and a little more reasonable price drop a link below. 

Then of course, there's the invitations... you know, those little fancy cards that you send out to invite people to the ceremony/reception/both.  Those little fancy invitation cards won't come cheap.  It's not cheap inviting people.  Invitations won't come cheap... but hey, you can't have a wedding without sending out the invitations.  It's the invitations that make a wedding.

(Not overdone it on the invitations bit, Have I lads?)

1 hour ago, David said:

This is who my daughter used in October 2018.

Positives - really nice easy going guy. Excellent at putting  stressed brides at easy. Very good photos - extremely happy with the quality

Negatives - Admin isn't his strong suit (often the case with these creative folk) and was a bit slow finally delivering the photos. Not the easiest to get hold of if you do want/need to speak to him.

http://www.stevegreenweddings.com/wedding-gallery/

Archived