Professional Photographer Recommendations

David

1 hour ago, David said:

Quickly finding out that weddings are a rip off, be it cake, invitations, dresses, stick wedding before it and the cost quickly ramps up.

The worst? Photographers, don’t get me wrong it’s a skill/talent, everyone can press a button on a camera but if you want great looking photos you need someone that knows their ISO from their megapixels and how to not let the light shine off your bald patch.

Quotes however are coming in at around £2000-£2500 which quite simple is not happening.

I could take my dog for a professional photoshoot in a studio which would be a right handful for a fraction of the cost.

If anyone knows a photographer, that has an online portfolio of previous weddings and a little more reasonable price drop a link below. 

But I’m not paying two and a half flipping grand. No way Pedro.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly to Vegas and get hitched in an Elvis chapel ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, David said:

Quickly finding out that weddings are a rip off, be it cake, invitations, dresses, stick wedding before it and the cost quickly ramps up.

The worst? Photographers, don’t get me wrong it’s a skill/talent, everyone can press a button on a camera but if you want great looking photos you need someone that knows their ISO from their megapixels and how to not let the light shine off your bald patch.

Quotes however are coming in at around £2000-£2500 which quite simple is not happening.

I could take my dog for a professional photoshoot in a studio which would be a right handful for a fraction of the cost.

If anyone knows a photographer, that has an online portfolio of previous weddings and a little more reasonable price drop a link below. 

This is my cousin. She only became a professional photographer last year, so her rates should be reasonable, but she took some excellent photos at both of my sisters' weddings before that. There aren't too many of her wedding photos on the website, but I'm sure she can supply you with more if you ask nicely. If you're lucky, you might spot me in some of them. She's very nice, too.

https://www.clickedbykate.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ClickedbyKatePhotography/

P.S. You don't know anything about me other than the fact I'm a Derby fan.

4 hours ago, David said:

We’ll all come.

we’ll all take photos.

out of the thousands of images there are bound to be a couple of dozen which are decent.

It’ll be grand. 

4 hours ago, David said:

What are you looking for? All day from the bride getting ready until everyone’s gone home, or just a few hours during the wedding breakfast onwards? Number of pictures, printouts, digital copies, etc... think about what you really want and you may cut the cost down a bit. 

5 hours ago, David said:

A wedding we went to 2 years ago, the photos were taken by a University Student doing a photography course. It was comparatively cheap but very good quality. 

Might be worth asking round the local Colleges, Uni's or Borstals round Grimsby.

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This is my cousin. She only became a professional photographer last year, so her rates should be reasonable, but she took some excellent photos at both of my sisters' weddings before that. There aren't too many of her wedding photos on the website, but I'm sure she can supply you with more if you ask nicely. If you're lucky, you might spot me in some of them. She's very nice, too.

https://www.clickedbykate.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ClickedbyKatePhotography/

P.S. You don't know anything about me other than the fact I'm a Derby fan.

Are you the one lying in a puddle of vomit and dark fruits outside the church in the pic with the bride arriving?

Be wary of extras: My nephew had a photographer who took literally hundreds of pics and basically uploaded them on his website, with watermarks all over, he (actually his wife) then picked the best and ordered them in various quantities, cost a fortune over the initial fee. And took 2 months to arrive.

His sister when she married had a photographer who again took hundreds for a flat rate, and gave her an SD card so she could do whatever she liked, I think for regular size stuff she used Snapfish at a penny a print. 

15 hours ago, David said:

When I got married I shelled out big time across the piece which included paying for a professional photographer.

I have to say I didn't have a problem with any of the spend …. apart from him.

He turned out to be a miserable person of the first order and while his pics were good, totally not worth the money.

About six months later my mate got spliced and had a much better idea - in some way off me telling him what had been my experience.

He had a reliable mate with a pooh hot digital camera do some 'official' style pics around the ceremony, cake cutting etc, the key moments the grannies all love.

He then had another mate (arty type) wander about doing the informal stuff - all in black and white, and I have to say those pics looked great.

He then asked for everyone to send in their best/funniest phone pics.

He got ace pics, everyone was happy, and it cost him nowt.

As suggested a photography student to take 12 main set piece pics, then leave 3 polaroid cameras around with film in and ask everyone to take 1 photo during the day and stick to a board so people see them on the day or have a wedding photo WhatsApp group for the informal ones.

Also...take control of how many formal photos you want, having 90 mins of your big day taken up with posing with a fixed grin is not how to spend your big day.

39 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Definitely get your guests to take as many photo's as they can even if you get a "professional"in .My youngest daughters photographer wasn't that good. It was fortunate that some of the guests photo's made up for it.

Agreed,

...And whilst you're at it, @David, ask the future Mrs David to stop off and grab a few boxes of do-nuts on the way to church, just in case the cake is crap!

Hey... Don't worry... It'll all be fine... fingers crossed!  :-)

Archived