Rushian Hepburn-Murphy signed on loan for season (under 23s)

Ha! The Beeb have him in the squad for Saturday! ?

The 21-year-old spent the first half of the campaign on loan at League One Tranmere, scoring five goals in 23 appearances.

Villa recalled him from the Prenton Park side earlier on Friday.

Hepburn-Murphy, who has made 17 appearances for Villa, could make his debut for the Rams against Swansea next Saturday.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But we have one playing CM and another RW ?

Ahhhh yeh sorry I forgot - Because they've played a position for one game at home obviously that's their position for the rest of the season...

?

Being a little less facetious I'd also point out that after Martin went of our Wayne spent a little time leading the line and Waggers was playing in a front 3 (I still maintain he was brought in as a front 3 utility player) - I'm mostly suggesting that we have 4 options for strikers in the first team squad and regardless of where they play for most games they are options 

I'd play Rooney in CM for every game I could - He's been unplayable in there and dictated a lot of our good play - But if Martin, Waggers and Marriott were all injured I'd be be pretty comfortable picking England and Man Utds record goalscorer up there

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Ahhhh yeh sorry I forgot - Because they've played a position for one game at home obviously that's their position for the rest of the season...

?

Being a little less facetious I'd also point out that after Martin went of our Wayne spent a little time leading the line and Waggers was playing in a front 3 (I still maintain he was brought in as a front 3 utility player) - I'm mostly suggesting that we have 4 options for strikers in the first team squad and regardless of where they play for most games they are options 

I'd play Rooney in CM for every game I could - He's been unplayable in there and dictated a lot of our good play - But if Martin, Waggers and Marriott were all injured I'd be be pretty comfortable picking England and Man Utds record goalscorer up there

Agree with your Rooney assessment there. Him and Bird need to be the partnership deep for every game possible. Utilises his calmness and vision, and will certainly help Bird develop. Holmes is great and can play anywhere but given our tragically slow team, we really need him slightly further forward for the break options.

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

Agree with your Rooney assessment there. Him and Bird need to be the partnership deep for every game possible. Utilises his calmness and vision, and will certainly help Bird develop. Holmes is great and can play anywhere but given our tragically slow team, we really need him slightly further forward for the break options.

I've always maintained a good midfield trio at it's simplest should contain a destroyer, a creator and a runner - Bird, Rooney and Holmes in our case against Stoke

If you're lucky you get a more multi-faceted player - For instance I think Bird and Holmes are both able to dictate play more than their 'core role' suggests and Bird can cover a decent amount of ground too

Interesting that despite very clearly starting out as 2 players deeper and 1 in front we had a lot more support for the attackers in the middle than we did earlier in the season with Huddlestone and Bielik who tended to sit much further back and aren't as mobile

50 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I've always maintained a good midfield trio at it's simplest should contain a destroyer, a creator and a runner - Bird, Rooney and Holmes in our case against Stoke

If you're lucky you get a more multi-faceted player - For instance I think Bird and Holmes are both able to dictate play more than their 'core role' suggests and Bird can cover a decent amount of ground too

Interesting that despite very clearly starting out as 2 players deeper and 1 in front we had a lot more support for the attackers in the middle than we did earlier in the season with Huddlestone and Bielik who tended to sit much further back and aren't as mobile

Noticeable when Bogle scored his belter, who was up in support - Max Bird

I just thought I would check out what Villa fans thought of this lad, funnily enough this was the first post from back in 2016;

What's this all about? Apparently, Rangers are looking at some sort of loophole to get Rushian to Rangers. They can pick up end of contract players for a fraction of the price that would cost English clubs. We need to get him signed up very quickly otherwise we are going to lose one of the most exciting young players to grace a Villa shirt.

• 2 months later...
On 31/01/2020 at 12:39, RoyMac5 said:

So we should have kept him then?

Always, and we should play the ones that aren't getting a game, and we should keep the ones we're thinking of selling, give long contracts to the ones we give short contracts to, give short contracts to the ones we gave long contracts to, play the ones who aren't playing well more often at the same time we don't play them, play the ones in position out of position and make sure the ones out of position now play in position and sign the ones we didn't and, and, and......

Archived