Lawrence

Marriott

Reserves

Forsyth

New CH

Whittaker

Sibley

Not bad and with only two additions

Can't see Bogle, Davies, Foz, Martin, Roos(maybe), Marriott being here next season.

GK - New, Roos
Def - Bogle, Wisdom, Te Wierik, New CB, Davies, Lowe, Malone
Mid - Bird, Holmes, Rooney, Huddlestone, Shinnie, Knight, Evans, Bielik, Sibley
Fwd - New RW, Waghorn, Lawrence, Whittaker, Martin

Extra year for Huddlestone and Martin
Carson, Mitchell, Jozefzoon, Marriott sold
Forsyth, Bennett and Anya let go
Loans for Ravas and Buchanan and other older U23s.
Younger youths kept as backups.

34 minutes ago, Squid said:

Can't see Bogle, Davies, Foz, Martin, Roos(maybe), Marriott being here next season.

I know anything can happen

I wouldn't rule out us getting more than £40M for Bogle Lowe and Bird

I hope not but everyone has a price and MM has said the academy needs to fund itself

Caught the last bit of a RD interview with one of the assistants (didn’t catch who) and he said he was looking forward to working with the players (plural) coming in so perhaps there are some other done-deals that have been on the quiet. 

Hamer is ok but I’d like us to try another option and 2 x CB for defo (one already on the way obvs). 

I suspect a striker will come in too as we’ll lose Martin and Marriott if for no other reason than getting the wages down. 

7 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Caught the last bit of a RD interview with one of the assistants (didn’t catch who) and he said he was looking forward to working with the players (plural) coming in so perhaps there are some other done-deals that have been on the quiet. 

Hamer is ok but I’d like us to try another option and 2 x CB for defo (one already on the way obvs). 

I suspect a striker will come in too as we’ll lose Martin and Marriott if for no other reason than getting the wages down. 

I think a keeper is an absolute must this summer. It's a key signing for me.

It's not just the defenders fault we're conceding goals from crosses/corners. Keepers need to do more. Roos is nowhere near good enough and never will be.

Hamer is a bang average championship goalkeeper and we need better.

Interestingly I was watching something on skysports with Rooney on a few weeks back. It might have been that soccerbox with Gary Neville. (Don't hold me to that) but it was filmed before he had even thought about signing for Derby.

They were on about when they played Newcastle they always used to speak before the game about putting crosses in right into the keeper because they knew Given didn't like it and that coming for crosses was one of his weaknesses.

Now I'm not saying it's Givens fault. He was an excellent premier league goalkeeper. But is it a coincidence that his weakness as a goalkeeper is where our current 2 keepers are failing the most and incidentally not improving at all?

52 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think a keeper is an absolute must this summer. It's a key signing for me.

It's not just the defenders fault we're conceding goals from crosses/corners. Keepers need to do more. Roos is nowhere near good enough and never will be.

Hamer is a bang average championship goalkeeper and we need better.

Interestingly I was watching something on skysports with Rooney on a few weeks back. It might have been that soccerbox with Gary Neville. (Don't hold me to that) but it was filmed before he had even thought about signing for Derby.

They were on about when they played Newcastle they always used to speak before the game about putting crosses in right into the keeper because they knew Given didn't like it and that coming for crosses was one of his weaknesses.

Now I'm not saying it's Givens fault. He was an excellent premier league goalkeeper. But is it a coincidence that his weakness as a goalkeeper is where our current 2 keepers are failing the most and incidentally not improving at all?

Just as interestingly, Steele has said one of Roos' strengths when we signed him was commanding his box. Roos definitely has been working on it in training and improved since he was dropped, but maybe it was neglected somewhat in the past.

Personally think it is good thing Hamer can't play on Saturday , gives Roos a chance to reclaim his spot and if he plays well I would keep him in the 11 as although he is dodgy at times he is better than Hamer, both crap off  crosses but atleast Roos can distribute the ball faster and more accurately, Hamer seems to take all day then do a crap kick.

• 3 weeks later...

Forget about the first team, let's look at the U23s. Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker will almost definitely be full members of the first team squad next season - which shouldn't be a surprise given their limited game time for the U23s this season. That leaves us with a squad of the following (ignoring loanees):

GK: Ravas, Barnes, Yates, Foster, Halwax
RB: McDonald, Ebosele
LB: Buchanan, Sephton, Charles
CB: Wassall, Bateman, Minkley, Cashin
CM: Babos, Dixon, Greco, JBrown, LThompson
RW: JML, Wilson
LW: Shonibare, Archie
CF: Trialist, Cresswell, Splatt, Stretton

The players in bold here are those who're 20 or older so should be in the stage of their careers where they're playing first team football - either for us or elsewhere. If those were to go out (loan or permanent), then that would leave us with a very small squad so I wouldn't be surprised if some current 1st year scholars make the jump up as well. I'd like to see Foster, Cashin, Wilson and Stretton phased into the team more in the last few league games. They've played fewer than 60 minutes at U23 level (combined). Considering they'll probably be key members of the team next season, we should start bedding them in now.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Hendrik and Hart are available on free's, anyone........

Neither have looked like very good players at lower end prem level recently... they may turn out to be excellent additions at championship level of course, but I’d be wary with either of them to be honest.

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Bang goes our sell on clause for Jeff then. Wonder how much we'll end up having got for him?

With him and vydra we probably wont see Burnley wanting to buy from us for a while. 

Hendrick has played nearly 140 games for them over 4 years - I think they over payed but he's been a fairly regular player for them

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Neither have looked like very good players at lower end prem level recently... they may turn out to be excellent additions at championship level of course, but I’d be wary with either of them to be honest.

Utter tosh 

On 13/02/2020 at 09:45, Ghost of Clough said:

GK - New, Roos
Def - Bogle, Wisdom, Te Wierik, New CB, Davies, Lowe, Malone
Mid - Bird, Holmes, Rooney, Huddlestone, Shinnie, Knight, Evans, Bielik, Sibley
Fwd - New RW, Waghorn, Lawrence, Whittaker, Martin

Extra year for Huddlestone and Martin
Carson, Mitchell, Jozefzoon, Marriott sold
Forsyth, Bennett and Anya let go
Loans for Ravas and Buchanan and other older U23s.
Younger youths kept as backups.

Forsyth to stay and Malone to leave for me. Forsyth can play LB and LCB and before coming to us played LM. 

Davies and Huddlestone given a player coach deal. 

Archived