Squad for next season (2020/21)

Stuniverse

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

Forsyth to stay and Malone to leave for me. Forsyth can play LB and LCB and before coming to us played LM. 

Davies and Huddlestone given a player coach deal. 

No way - release both, with thanks. Many more coaches and we'll soon have more than Harpurs!

New, roos, ebosele, Forsyth, wisdom, te wierek, Buchanan, Lowe, bielik, evans, bird, brown, shinnie, Rooney, bogle, knight, sibley, Lawrence, new, Whittaker, Hepburn , Mitchell-Lawson, shonibare, Holmes , martin, Waghorn, Hector Ingram, new

28 squad = 22 plus 6 outfield subs. 

Maybe a keeper, left winger, Possibly a striker to replace Marriott, possibly another defender to replace Davies.

out - davies, huddz, Malone, Anya, can’t see Marriott staying with just one year left. 

Didn't Davies get a year extension? So we can't release him without a pay-off unless someone else wants to take him off us?

There's a few I'd like to move on but relies on someone wanting them, otherwise they become an Anya. Malone in that catagory for me, Zoon is another

2 hours ago, mr_rams said:

Really hope that Waghorn Wisdom Malone Forsyth and Roos won't be playing for us next season  

Blimey.

i thought wisdom has played well.

I think Wisdom was looking really solid before football was suspended.  I particularly like the way he plays those direct balls through the lines to people's feet. Can be much more effective than a showy dribble and an aimless cross....

On 26/03/2020 at 14:22, mr_rams said:

Really hope that Waghorn Wisdom Malone Forsyth and Roos won't be playing for us next season  

Out of those, I'd try and get rid of Malone, and (if we fail to sign a decent replacement) Roos.  The rest can happily stay put for me.

Waghorn - Currently our top scorer despite being used mainly on the right.  Big team player

Forsyth - Has come back from a massive injury, and has picked up where he left off.  Which is to say he has 3 steady games, 1 crap one, and 1 blinder.

Wisdom - Steady cover for both fullback & centre half positions.

On 26/03/2020 at 14:22, mr_rams said:

And how are we going to replace all of them? Not many there are world beaters I’ll give you that, but they’re all average at worst, and more than good enough squad players at least for where we are at currently. You let all of those go, and most will need replacing to keep squad depth up. How much would that cost? With FFP, can we afford it? I doubt it.

41 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Out of those, I'd try and get rid of Malone, and (if we fail to sign a decent replacement) Roos.  The rest can happily stay put for me.

Waghorn - Currently our top scorer despite being used mainly on the right.  Big team player

Forsyth - Has come back from a massive injury, and has picked up where he left off.  Which is to say he has 3 steady games, 1 crap one, and 1 blinder.

Wisdom - Steady cover for both fullback & centre half positions.

Please see my reply to Wolfie20 many thanks

Archived