David Cornell - Signed for Ipswich

Carnero

Derby County, Blackburn Rovers and Ipswich Town are considering late moves for Northampton Town goalkeeper David Cornell, Football Insider understands.

Cornell is out of contract at the end of the season and his suitors know he could be available for a knockdown price before the close of the transfer window, or even on a free transfer in the summer.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-Derby-county-set-sights-on-signing-soon-available-28yo-blackburn-ipswich-keen/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As stated on another post of mine, I get to see quite a bit of Northampton (more than I do Derby) and this would be a worrying move for me, even as a back up.

Put the stats aside for a moment (Northampton have arguably the best cb pairing in the league), Cornell is quite the liability.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I wouldn't. Past it and would be on a fortune.

A bit like Carson was then when we signed him. Obviously we would need a sensible contract and I am sure he has a healthy bank account probably and he would want to play every week at a decent club - anyway why not 

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Derby County, Blackburn Rovers and Ipswich Town are considering late moves for Northampton Town goalkeeper David Cornell, Football Insider understands.

Cornell is out of contract at the end of the season and his suitors know he could be available for a knockdown price before the close of the transfer window, or even on a free transfer in the summer.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-Derby-county-set-sights-on-signing-soon-available-28yo-blackburn-ipswich-keen/

Are we sure this isn't just lazy journalism? 

Derby representatives seen at Northampton Friday night etc. 

Joe Hart is out of his current contract in the summer.

Do you think he’ll get a move to another club on the same salary?

Some heads need a wobble, it’s down to how much he really does want to play first team football and if his heads in the right place.

He won’t be picking and choosing  between mega deals that’s a fact.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Some heads need a wobble, it’s down to how much he really does want to play first team football and if his heads in the right place.

He is also 33 in April

I know personally I'd take him on an 18 month contract...

Just seen that leeds have signed Jean Kevin augusten on loan with an option to sign permanently at the end of the year, and we are linked with a 28 year old from Northampton,  someone I really am jealous of other teams has mel Morris not seen our team of amateurs around rooney? Worst team since paul Jewell played earnshaw and Howard in the prem

19 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Just seen that leeds have signed Jean Kevin augusten on loan with an option to sign permanently at the end of the year, and we are linked with a 28 year old from Northampton,  someone I really am jealous of other teams has mel Morris not seen our team of amateurs around rooney? Worst team since paul Jewell played earnshaw and Howard in the prem

For pity's sake - get a grip man!

36 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Wow, Leeds signed a player you've never heard of before, with a piss poor scoring record in farmers leagues so now we need to go out and spunk the cash around! Makes complete sense! Get a ducking grip.

58 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Believe Eric Steele said Harts off to America.

Archived