v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

I've seen a lot worse, a lot of overreactions on here. You're all acting like you've not seen Derby for the last 15/20 years.

We need to step up the tempo of passing a bit and find our shooting boots, nothing massive needed to improve. Both in this game and for the rest of the season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An ok half, but not exactly inspiring. We’ve played the ball out the back quite quickly and incisively (Other than Hamer obviously) so that’s a positive, and we’ve generally played some good football in possession too. But again everything is let down in the final third where we’ve been dreadful as per. Literally even just a little bit of attacking talent would improve this team, this has to be the worst attack we’ve had in a generation. Literally not one bit of quality between them. Everything just breaks down when the ball falls to the likes of Waghorn and Lawrence. It’s easy to see why we don’t score enough goals, and we’re kidding ourselves if we think we can achieve anything with this front line. Good general play let down by a total ineptness in front of goal as usual. We’re playing against the worst defence of the league and we haven’t had a meaningful shot ffs. We’re making Luton look far better than we should be because we keep gifting them the ball and letting them counter. Gotta be better up front second half somehow, we should be doing a lot better here.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Watch it again. Surely  clattered from behind and taken out while shooting? 

Angle wasn't great.

Could be; but I'm not sure it was stonewall. If the ref believes the shot got away before the contact, it usually isn't given as a foul (although it will be if the ball stays in play).
I feel like I see people shoot wide/over all the time and get clattered as it happens and have never seen a penalty given for it. I assume there's a rule about it but maybe its just tradition ? 

Just now, jake the ram said:

If this is what Coco is all about he needs to go NOW.what a load of crap

Yeah im sure he is telling the players not to create anything, how ridiculous.

He clearly wants someone in this window to help with the creativity.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I've seen a lot worse, a lot of overreactions on here. You're all acting like you've not seen Derby for the last 15/20 years.

We need to step up the tempo of passing a bit and find our shooting boots, nothing massive needed to improve. Both in this game and for the rest of the season.

Always a lot of overreactions before the dust settles. 

It’s not been great, no, but we are in desperate need of some pace. We don’t have a player on the pitch who scares anyone either in behind or running at them with the ball and it shows desperately. Problem is, we have Marriott but not sure what else we have. Get Duane further forward, maybe Whittaker can be it? This performance is crying out for it. 

3 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I don't think it's been all that bad. We just have no game in the final third.

Both teams poo.

Derby more skillful, but still poo

Luton poo but more threatening.

It's pretty even and not terribly exciting, but I've seen much worse. It's just a bit boring. I think Luton are trying really really hard.

7 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Are we the lowest scoring team in the division? 

7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

It's easy to see why. 

We aren't the lowest scoring team in the division.

We've scored a whole 4 goals more than Wigan I'll have you know and the same amount as Boro, so we're joint second lowest scorers.

You also have to bear in mind we're only playing against the worst defence in the league, so it's going to be difficult to score anything against these lads.

Poor first half. Derby sometimes playing pretty football side to side across the Luton defence but no one want to shoot. And players not having the quality with the final ball. 

Max Bird has looked very good. Well done him. Hamer has been decisive when under pressure. 

I'd either switch Waghorn for Martin or take Knight off, move Waghorn to the right and bring Martin on. 

Lua Lua looks dangerous and Bogle and Knight have both struggled against him. Bogle booked. Luton have been hungrier in and around our box.

Archived