Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Probably because he was having to do the work of three men for a stretch of games where most of the players on the pitch looked like they couldn't give a toss. No wonder he fell to bits.

Also because he's good; but yes that definitely played a huge part.

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Or he's playing for the team that gives the ball away in midfield the most, maximising his opportunities to win it back. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

And yet, even in a team who has been poor in midfield, he's saved us many times and been a great player to have in midfield.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Strange how we've had no details about what his injury actually is yet, other than Cocu saying that he's out for the season.

I saw him in Allestree petrol station last night, on crutches and with a full leg brace that limits the bend in his knee, not baring any weight. Looked like an ACL recovery to me.

Thanks for listening. 

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Strange how we've had no details about what his injury actually is yet, other than Cocu saying that he's out for the season.

You normally have to wait for the swelling to go down before you can get a full picture, and we may well not know for sure until the surgeon actually has a look.  Plus, we haven't had any press conferences yet this week, with not having a mid-week game, so I suspect we'll hear something more in the buildup to the game tomorrow night.

Think some definitely under appreciate how good Bielik is and how big a loss he could be. As the stats show, he’s definitely one of the best CDMs in the division, and while he’s not been quite as good as some of us hoped, he’s still been one of our better players this year. As I’ve said before, he’s one of few in our current squad that has that top class quality to potentially play in a promotion winning side that we hope to build long term here, and he’s one of not many in our squad who are potential prem class imo. We’ll definitely miss his ability aerially and in the tackle, he’s got unbelievable quality winning the ball back. Luckily we have Holmes and Huddlestone to cover him who are good players In their own right, but let’s not pretend that Bielik isn’t any good.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Certainly doesn’t feel like it does it ( I hope they didn’t include when he was playing at centre back - statistics and all that )

No, I had a look myself a few weeks back. He wins it back on the floor as much as George in his pomp and of recent DM’s only Johnson won it more in the air.

Archived