Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

Personaly think the playing of beliek for the under 23 s mid season to build up match fitness when he’s been out for 3 games and had a stop start season with not much pre season is not the same issue as playing first teamers in a meaningless game at the end of the season with us having the play offs to compete in less than a week later , no probs with beliek playing , the risking of players against ipswitch was in my view naive and silly but everyone has their own view

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I would say that Thorne was part of the 65% after his first ACL (at West Brom) and part of the 25% after his second. 

Have to disagree, after he did his ACL with us after initially being rushed back and going back out with a thigh strain. He got back to full fitness for the Clement season and he was brilliant, they did a section on him on the football league show, showing how he was 1st in the league for all the important stats for a midfielder player. It was the leg break that completely destroyed his career. Never mind him playing in a pointless game, how about Douglas making a wreck less block tackle in a game that had nothing riding on it?!

10 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Have to disagree, after he did his ACL with us after initially being rushed back and going back out with a thigh strain. He got back to full fitness for the Clement season and he was brilliant, they did a section on him on the football league show, showing how he was 1st in the league for all the important stats for a midfielder player. It was the leg break that completely destroyed his career. Never mind him playing in a pointless game, how about Douglas making a wreck less block tackle in a game that had nothing riding on it?!

I thought he was good under Clement, but nowhere near as dynamic as he was under McClaren. He lost half a yard.

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I thought he was good under Clement, but nowhere near as dynamic as he was under McClaren. He lost half a yard.

I think that was more down to how we set up and played.....Either that or everyone had lost half a yard....it so soooo slow at times.

33 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

How that wasnt a red card and a penalty i dont know. Not that i was bothered about the result at that moment, i just felt sick. One of the worst feelings ive ever had at a match.

38 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

As I recall it was not meaningless, places were still up for grabs meaning home advantage in the second leg was still to play for.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

As I recall it was not meaningless, places were still up for grabs meaning home advantage in the second leg was still to play for.

I think it was the only meaningless game in terms of finishing positions for every team in the whole division- we were just waiting to see who we were playing I believe 

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

... and if we had rested key players, they wouldn't have played for 2 weeks between games.

Which didn’t harm Huddersfield or Aston Villa in recent seasons 

Sometimes the coach wants to keep a winning run going

Sometimes the coach wants to keep players sharp

Sometimes the coach wants players to gain sharpness

Sometimes the coach wants to keep players playing together to improve teamwork

Sometimes the coach wants give someone a kick up the derriere by playing them with the kids

Sometimes the coach might think it will do the kids good to have a first team player on the way back from injury go play with them

Sometimes the coach might want a player to work in something specific

The Thorne injury gutted me - but that was more to do with the Ipswich thug than anything else

Bieliks sending off was child like so perhaps U-23 was a punishment and all this Knight was to blame is tosh

Yes Knight was to blame for passing it short, losing posession, generally a small piece of bad play, but he was not resposnible for Bielik throwing himself into it like a lunatic who does not know rules.

If Knights pass had been even shorter and the guy had passed it on and a couple of seconds later Bielik hit him - would that still be Knights fault ??

As for the agent it is disgusting that he feels he needs to criticise our coaching decisions.

Here is a serious question - based on what we have actually seen so far - if he was on loan would you want him back? Would we need him? Are you happy that we spent a reported £10 million on him whilst in the championship where money is extremely tight?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Here is a serious question - based on what we have actually seen so far - if he was on loan would you want him back? Would we need him? Are you happy that we spent a reported £10 million on him whilst in the championship where money is extremely tight?

We didn't pay £10m. 

We paid between £6-£8m and it could rise to £9.5m.

To answer your question though; I've thought he's looked good for this level already and looks like he has a lot of potential to improve to a much higher level. I was happy with the deal up until he did his ACL and now my happiness with it depends on his recovery.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We didn't pay £10m. 

We paid between £6-£8m and it could rise to £9.5m.

To answer your question though; I've thought he's looked good for this level already and looks like he has a lot of potential to improve to a much higher level. I was happy with the deal up until he did his ACL and now my happiness with it depends on his recovery.

We did pay £10m because Ramage repeats it as a fact ad nauseum on a weekly basis like he has a clue what he's talking about. 

frustrated head GIF

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think it was the only meaningless game in terms of finishing positions for every team in the whole division- we were just waiting to see who we were playing I believe 

Incorrect, just looked back.

If we had won and Hull had lost or drawn the last game our league positions would have been reversed giving us home advantage in the second leg.

Anything but a meaningless game.

13 hours ago, Curtains said:

So a short pass from Knight is forgiven .

Ok .

I thought Bielik was late yes going for the short pass. 

Knight admitted himself it was his fault. 

Knight has done well for Derby though 

The pass was knights fault but belik was the man that decided to jump in. All be it for the right reasons but i have to say belik has been a red card waiting to happen im just suprised it has took this long. I really like him and think he will be a top player but he shows his age with challenges like that.

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If he was fit, how much could we sell him for do you think? Have we increased his value - wasn't that what Mel was keen on doing?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I actually meant more for Ipswich, they were just turning up for a kick about and that blokes flying through the air with studs half way up George’s leg.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

How that wasnt a red card and a penalty i dont know. Not that i was bothered about the result at that moment, i just felt sick. One of the worst feelings ive ever had at a match.

You just knew that that would kill our season, mind you losing GT shouldn’t have led to the capitulation in The first leg but that’s by the by.

36 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

In this world of picking meaningless games

Serious question

Would the first game of the season be meaningless - I mean there is a long way to go until everything is being sorted out?

All reserve games are relatively meaningless. The results don’t really matter. 

I maintain that Ipswich game was meaningless when Thorne played. 

Home or away first leg in playoffs who cares .

Archived