Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

9 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Are you a surgeon ?

No, but ACL injuries are pretty common place nowadays and most tend to come back from them ok from what I can remember. It’s only when players start having multiple like Thorne, Forsyth and Chris Cohen that I can recall any long term issues arising.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well aren’t you the optimist? It’s his first ACL as far as I can recall so I think he’ll be ok.

21 minutes ago, rynny said:

My Love Friendship GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

I'm sorry I'll just treat it like he's got a heavy cold then. Soon be back playing...

14 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Are you a surgeon ?

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No, but ACL injuries are pretty common place nowadays and most tend to come back from them ok from what I can remember. It’s only when players start having multiple like Thorne, Forsyth and Chris Cohen that I can recall any long term issues arising.

Dam it. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Think some definitely under appreciate how good Bielik is and how big a loss he could be. As the stats show, he’s definitely one of the best CDMs in the division, and while he’s not been quite as good as some of us hoped, he’s still been one of our better players this year. As I’ve said before, he’s one of few in our current squad that has that top class quality to potentially play in a promotion winning side that we hope to build long term here, and he’s one of not many in our squad who are potential prem class imo. We’ll definitely miss his ability aerially and in the tackle, he’s got unbelievable quality winning the ball back. Luckily we have Holmes and Huddlestone to cover him who are good players In their own right, but let’s not pretend that Bielik isn’t any good.

Couldn't agree more with this. 10 games for Birmingham on loan when he was 18.

Then 31 for Charlton in League One last season.

Yes there has been some sloppy moments this season but that's to be expected considering his lack of experience.

Only 22 years old yet still a full Polish international.

For me this is the kind of player you build your team around.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Non of Thornes subsequent issues relate in anyway to the ACL injuries he had.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Non of Thornes subsequent issues relate in anyway to the ACL injuries he had.

He did have a few issues in 14/15 after he returned from the second ACL though. Came back in February and only played a couple of games. The broken leg is what ended him though, well, the infection after it anyway.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

He did have a few issues in 14/15 after he returned from the second ACL though. Came back in February and only played a couple of games. The broken leg is what ended him though, well, the infection after it anyway.

He had multiple muscle tears due to his long time out and then being rushed back that eventually (we kept hearing "he's getting closer" then "he's had a setback") forced him into surgery. So the time out from the injury certainly played a part but they weren't linked to his ACL directly.

It’s a shame that this stat doesn’t say how many times he lost the ball in the first place. Or what he did after the ball was retrieved.

Thats not me being negative btw, I’ve been glowing in my praise of Bielik overall but let’s not pretend this stat is showing the whole truth here

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

McClaren should never have rushed him back. It was lack of cover as mascarel and eustace both were injured. 

The following season he was really good for us. 

Hope Bielik does recover quickly. But hope we don't rush him. 

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

McClaren should never have rushed him back. It was lack of cover as mascarel and eustace both were injured. 

The following season he was really good for us. 

Hope Bielik does recover quickly. But hope we don't rush him. 

He rushed him back for the Watford game which is the game I assume you’re on about. 

But Mascarell was still fit when George played twice in four days upon his initial comeback! 

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

He rushed him back for the Watford game which is the game I assume you’re on about. 

But Mascarell was still fit when George played twice in four days upon his initial comeback! 

I can't remember the game,  makes it worse then. Mascarells form wasnt great though

Archived