The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had 2 asian teachers and 1 black teacher. No physically disabled teachers. 

Didn't really study The British Empire in any great depth at all. Something I've shown more interest in my adult life. As I have The Ottoman Empire. 

Caught good morning Britain today and I found piers Morgan totally idiotic , because the Madeleine McCann is big news again he asked the question if it was a little black girl would we have the same coverage of the case , how bloody stupid and inflammatory at a time like this , 

why? Well it’s very very clear that it is a class , education, money , contacts issue , NOT a race one , there are lots and lots of very distressing cases of missing white children that received next to zero the attention they deserve because the families are working class and don’t have the privilege the McCann parents have and this disparity is well documented over the years, what a stupid inflammatory emotive thing to come out with.

history history history ,,, it can be helpful to a point but also wallowing in it can hold us all back too ,,,,, racism has to be approached and dealt with for what it is NOW , we ALL need to Start letting the past go , concentrate on creating a better NOW and building a better future 

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

Caught good morning Britain today and I found piers Morgan totally idiotic , because the Madeleine McCann is big news again he asked the question if it was a little black girl would we have the same coverage of the case , how bloody stupid and inflammatory at a time like this , 

why? Well it’s very very clear that it is a class , education, money , contacts issue , NOT a race one , there are lots and lots of very distressing cases of missing white children that received next to zero the attention they deserve because the families are working class and don’t have the privilege the McCann parents have and this disparity is well documented over the years, what a stupid inflammatory emotive thing to come out with.

history history history ,,, it can be helpful to a point but also wallowing in it can hold us all back too ,,,,, racism has to be approached and dealt with for what it is NOW , we ALL need to Start letting the past go , concentrate on creating a better NOW and building a better future 

Whatever they are talking about it is never a good morning with Piers.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I hope they do prove that she was murdered (actually preferably find her alive although I think that a forlorn hope), and can evidentially confirm it was not the parents who were the perpetrators.  Shocking parenting to leave their kids on their own in that apartment, but boy have they paid for what I have always thought was simply a lousy mistake. 

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have always thought was simply a lousy mistake. 

Sorry that was not a lousy mistake ,that was neglect based on a selfish need  to have dinner with friends without proper care for their children.

Foe a child to end up abducted at best or dead at worst for lack of parental care is more than a mistake IMO. 

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Sorry that was not a lousy mistake ,that was neglect based on a selfish need  to have dinner with friends without proper care for their children.

Foe a child to end up abducted at best or dead at worst for lack of parental care is more than a mistake IMO. 

Mistake, neglect, stupidity, I am not sure what I would define it as, let alone know what you might Kev. It wasn’t really the point I was making though. I hope it wasn’t them, and I hope if that is the case they can get some closure. They have paid a heavy price.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Mistake, neglect, stupidity, I am not sure what I would define it as, let alone know what you might Kev. It wasn’t really the point I was making though. I hope it wasn’t them, and I hope if that is the case they can get some closure. They have paid a heavy price.

Fair enough missed that apologies ,as a parent that has taken young children all over Europe and made compromises to keep them safe their actions make my blood boil.

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

For what it's worth, I think it's fine to hold either of those opnions (and everthing in between). What it's not fine to do is act like some sort of kangaroo court/private investigator who obsesses over the case. I hope it gets resolved just to shut those guys up

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont think right of goverment to keep people scared of this damn virus clubs need crowds back into stadiums. 

If people weren't scared there would be even more breaches of the lock down restrictions resulting probably a higher R rate, more infections and more deaths.

The clubs do need supporters back in the stadiums but not as much as they need them to survive this horrible virus and support the club for many more years to come.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Not if clubs go bust if people so brothered by they would not be protesting black man death in the states in thousands in the uk.

I cant see how it is any diffenrent of cumming breaking the rules is it.

I'm not condoning what Cummings did (I think he should have been sacked) but:

1) Large crowds at multiple football stadiums throughout the country is a little different to one man, his wife and kid driving all that way

2) Two wrongs don't make a right. What Cummings did was wrong in my opinion but that shouldn't mean all lock down restrictions should be relaxed

3) If any clubs do go bust then it will be a tragedy but not compared to even more wholesale loss of life that may follow if the restrictions are lifted too early

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not condoning what Cummings did (I think he should have been sacked) but:

1) Large crowds at multiple football stadiums throughout the country is a little different to one man, his wife and kid driving all that way

2) Two wrongs don't make a right. What Cummings did was wrong in my opinion but that shouldn't mean all lock down restrictions should be relaxed

3) If any clubs do go bust then it will be a tragedy but not compared to even more wholesale loss of life that may follow if the restrictions are lifted too early

If clubs go bust because uk goverment moving to slowly I can see even more trouble ruaing people lively hoods and I think people should be allowed back in 2020 september time.

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If clubs go bust because uk goverment moving to slowly I can see even more trouble ruaing people lively hoods and I think people should be allowed back in 2020 september time.

But you're not, and neither am I, a medical or science expert so how can you say it will be safe by September? 

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think its unlikely we will be attending games this year

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But you're not, and neither am I, a medical or science expert so how can you say it will be safe by September? 

They keep saying keep reviewing it and keep saying r number going down and like one old man on news even he said lock down should never have happened and in danger group in his 80s.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They keep saying keep reviewing it and keep saying r number going down and like one old man on news even he said lock down should never have happened and in danger group in his 80s.

I think I'd rather trust the worldwide medical and scientific experts than "an old man on the news"

Archived