The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

1 hour ago, Norman said:

But she isn't a person to be respected. We all know her many failings. Including her handling of her son just lately for political gain. Some of her comments have been vile. 

Now you have to be careful here, as G Star has frequently used Diane Abbott's comments to highlight hypocrisy

Basically saying - if his comments are to be considered vile by us "leftards" then us "leftards" should also consider Diane Abbott's comments vile.  Otherwise we are hypocrites. Implying that they are either equally vile, OR equally acceptable

So to be clear you're saying they ARE vile. Ergo - G Star's equivalent comments can also be considered vile?

It's PC gone mad I tells you

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Reserached it myself. The Government have released a list of 50 members of SAGE and there were 2 that did not wish to have their identities disclosed.

It's a funny one because the Guardian have run two articles on this. The first estimated that there were around 20 in the group, the next that the government were saying there are dozens. Who really knows?

Too many secret committees with secret members meeting in secret.

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Sorry to disappoint you by being all reasonable about it, but of course it registers with me

I am a UNITE  member and every month I wrestle with my conscience over whether it's worth the £14 a month subs. Because the big unions are horribly top heavy with management and bureaucracy, and I've rarely actually needed them in all my years of membership. I find a lot of what they do operationally to be questionable. So yeah, just like governments

But then I have to concede that it's a principle and imagining a world without unionised labour is actually pretty terrifying. So don't think for one minute that I don't see them for what they are. But if my subs go towards helping others fight for their rights against unscrupulous employers then I'm ok with that. Not so happy with it funding Len McCluskey having a fortnight on a beach in Cuba on a "fact-finding mission", but I can't do much about it other than resign my membership. But that doesn't do anything to protect my rights, or the rights of other members. It just makes us all worse off

So you're not gonna call him a racist or a Nazi? WTF!

What the hell kind of ANTIFA supporting, swivel-eyed, frothing, commie, libtard are you? ?

1 hour ago, Norman said:

I will worry. Due to the Trot activists like you, you can't get building materials, nevermind get a job. 

Good job I'm in the prison service. 

Ah, so it's moonlighting work you are after. Fancy knocking my garage down and building me a nice shed in its place?

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So you're not gonna call him a racist or a Nazi? WTF!

What the hell kind of ANTIFA supporting, swivel-eyed, frothing, commie, libtard are you? ?

After his JHB disaster, he’s very careful with his words. I’m sure he typed it but then deleted. Just a guess 

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

After his JHB disaster, he’s very careful with his words. I’m sure he typed it but then deleted. Just a guess 

When you say 'JHB disaster' are you referring to the decent into utter lawlessness in Johannesburg, because I had no idea old @SchtivePesley was responsible for that too! 

And as if that is not bad enough, he then goes and aligns himself to a Trot faction that brought about the demise of the building industry!  No wonder you chaps don't like him much. 

You never really know someone until you do, huh ?

8 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

When you say 'JHB disaster' are you referring to the decent into utter lawlessness in Johannesburg, because I had no idea old @SchtivePesley was responsible for that too! 

And as if that is not bad enough, he then goes and aligns himself to a Trot faction that brought about the demise of the building industry!  No wonder you chaps don't like him much. 

You never really know someone until you do, huh ?

He's probably guilty of that too.. ?

Point of order the code for Johannesburg is JNB ?

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Point of order the code for Johannesburg is JNB ?

Shoulda known not to mess with the official DCFC logistics guy. 

* walks away chastened ? 

Slight tangent but have you ever been there? Not easily unnerved generally, but duck me it's a dangerous old city with bugger all upside. If you're driving at night you literally do not stop for red lights. We had two company lets which I split my time between, one in Cape Town which is amazing, the other in Sandton, Jo'burg. The latter was walled with an electric wire barrier on top of the wall and 24 hour security on the gate all day, then patrolling the compound all night. Worse still, they wore kevlar and carried Glock 16's  ? 

7 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Sorry to disappoint you by being all reasonable about it, but of course it registers with me

I am a UNITE  member and every month I wrestle with my conscience over whether it's worth the £14 a month subs. Because the big unions are horribly top heavy with management and bureaucracy, and I've rarely actually needed them in all my years of membership. I find a lot of what they do operationally to be questionable. So yeah, just like governments

But then I have to concede that it's a principle and imagining a world without unionised labour is actually pretty terrifying. So don't think for one minute that I don't see them for what they are. But if my subs go towards helping others fight for their rights against unscrupulous employers then I'm ok with that. Not so happy with it funding Len McCluskey having a fortnight on a beach in Cuba on a "fact-finding mission", but I can't do much about it other than resign my membership. But that doesn't do anything to protect my rights, or the rights of other members. It just makes us all worse off

Fair play , as I say it’s bloody shame that something so vital as unions have been hijacked ( not all ) often by people who should be nowhere near them and are there to grind political axes , ,there’s never any bloody balance ,it’s like health and safety , some of it is fantastic but then a lot is bloody barmy and nothing more than a money spinning job creation scheme 

Where's Boris?

The fella who turned up today needed a name tag he was so obscure.

Then announced Alex Scott had joined a taskforce to pave the way back to sporting and cultural endeavours. 

Lioness granted, recent part time pundit on mainstream football coverage too, but what expertise does she have to guide the government's decisions regarding the easing of lockdown?

I'd ask the same question of Neville, Carragher etc, if they had been appointed.

24 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Where's Boris?

Then announced Alex Scott had joined a taskforce to pave the way back to sporting and cultural endeavours. 

Lioness granted, recent part time pundit on mainstream football coverage too, but what expertise does she have to guide the government's decisions regarding the easing of lockdown?

I'd ask the same question of Neville, Carragher etc, if they had been appointed.

It’s a joke ,, well thought out joke but a joke none the less 

30 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Where's Boris?

totally agree, she's very much flavour of the month and ticks several boxes, BAME, football, woman (not many appearing during daily COVID briefing).

This week in the Times there was a very good article from Eva Carneiro (The Chelsea doctor who fell out with Mourinho and won her case vs Chelsea FC) about return of elite sport to competition she would be more qualified me thinks.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Shoulda known not to mess with the official DCFC logistics guy. 

* walks away chastened ? 

Slight tangent but have you ever been there? Not easily unnerved generally, but duck me it's a dangerous old city with bugger all upside. If you're driving at night you literally do not stop for red lights. We had two company lets which I split my time between, one in Cape Town which is amazing, the other in Sandton, Jo'burg. The latter was walled with an electric wire barrier on top of the wall and 24 hour security on the gate all day, then patrolling the compound all night. Worse still, they wore kevlar and carried Glock 16's  ? 

Never been to JBurg, got offered a job in Durban once, gated community, 6 beds, staff, pool.. Just about everything, but no point when you could not leave your house without living in fear.She was having none of it. Was a good job through, well paid.

22 hours ago, Needlesh said:

I probably missed it Eddie, but I saw you refer to that a while ago. What's stopping you going outside that isn't rational or fair?

It's a 'for my own good' situation. Basically advised to stay indoors for 12 weeks because I am classified as "Extremely vulnerable".

I think once I've done 12 weeks, I'm going to go out and exercise very disciplined social distancing and bugger the consequences. That's the theory anyway. I doubt I will be using public transport, venturing into any pubs or restaurants when the open again, probably until a vaccine is developed, proven to be effective - unless people start to wear face masks as a normal occurrence, at least for a while.

If I was single, I really wouldn't care one way or the other, but my wife maintains that she just would not be able to cope (she would) - so to avoid any conflict, I agree to her - and the government's - wishes. When she is incredibly stressed and wants to shout at the world (she is severely claustrophobic and horribly depressed), I quite deliberately make her angry with me, which gives her a meaningful focus for her anger, and after a few minutes she calms down again. Three days later, we play the same game again.

I will either get her through it, or get stabbed in the process.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's a 'for my own good' situation. Basically advised to stay indoors for 12 weeks because I am classified as "Extremely vulnerable".

I think once I've done 12 weeks, I'm going to go out and exercise very disciplined social distancing and bugger the consequences. That's the theory anyway. I doubt I will be using public transport, venturing into any pubs or restaurants when the open again, probably until a vaccine is developed, proven to be effective - unless people start to wear face masks as a normal occurrence, at least for a while.

If I was single, I really wouldn't care one way or the other, but my wife maintains that she just would not be able to cope (she would) - so to avoid any conflict, I agree to her - and the government's - wishes. When she is incredibly stressed and wants to shout at the world (she is severely claustrophobic and horribly depressed), I quite deliberately make her angry with me, which gives her a meaningful focus for her anger, and after a few minutes she calms down again. Three days later, we play the same game again.

I will either get her through it, or get stabbed in the process.

i knew my faith in you was not ill placed.  It all makes sense now and may i say what a merciful soul you truly are.  With your fine tuned senses and intellect, you pinpoint the forum members with the most desperate personal problems and redirect their angst towards you, so that they may live with themselves a tad longer.  That they happen to be mostly politically right wing makes perfect sense when considering that it is well known among the perceptive that they suffer from the most malicious demons.  i salute you Eddie, you are a true humanitarian and a gentleman.

24 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Imagine the pig’s ear she’d have made of this. Strong and stable. 

To be fair, her problems were all inside her own party. Coronavirus was probably less of an issue than the ERG. 

Archived