Max Bird.

Rev

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a very good player. He reminds me of a Michael Carrick type. He's a different type of player but in the sense everything he does he does well & just quitely goes about his business. Very tidy passer, tracks back well, puts a good ball in. Ive been impressed. Probably hasn't had the credit he deserves. 

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

He's a very good player. He reminds me of a Michael Carrick type. He's a different type of player but in the sense everything he does he does well & just quitely goes about his business. Very tidy passer, tracks back well, puts a good ball in. Ive been impressed. Probably hasn't had the credit he deserves. 

You’re right. Wasn’t Carrick there with Sky? Would be interested if he noticed his performance last night, I’m sure he would spot similarities.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Wait until Max Hunt gets back from loan! 

Reckon we could see him in this team Angie?

Personally I reckon he'll go back out on loan, but if he does I'd like to see him go to a league 1 team or a league 2 team...

Long term though I hope he makes it, love what I've seen of him.

Interesting that in this thread about Max Bird we can't help but bring the other young players into the discussion.

Most important thing about all these academy stars for me is that they are team players and know how to play for each other. That's how they manage to beat so many of the academies of richer clubs, who have all these technically gifted players who just want to showcase their own skills. 

Our academy players want to win together. It's what makes them outstanding.

I really rate Max Bird of course and hope Cocu has the confidence to keep him in the team when some of the more senior players are fit/available again. Make them fight for their places.

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Reckon we could see him in this team Angie?

Personally I reckon he'll go back out on loan, but if he does I'd like to see him go to a league 1 team or a league 2 team...

Long term though I hope he makes it, love what I've seen of him.

Yes, I think another loan would be best at this stage. But he's another exciting prospect, for sure.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Interesting that in this thread about Max Bird we can't help but bring the other young players into the discussion.

Most important thing about all these academy stars for me is that they are team players and know how to play for each other. That's how they manage to beat so many of the academies of richer clubs, who have all these technically gifted players who just want to showcase their own skills. 

Our academy players want to win together. It's what makes them outstanding.

I really rate Max Bird of course and hope Cocu has the confidence to keep him in the team when some of the more senior players are fit/available again. Make them fight for their places.

If you had to single out one academy player as your favourite, who would it be?

Bogle last season.

Lowe, Bird, Knight this season. 

Already excited to see who pushes on from the academy next season. Will Buchanan and Whittaker make the step up? Or are there others ready to overtake them? 

These are not just players coming in and filling gaps for injuries either, these players are genuinely outperforming our experienced pros. 

18 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Bogle last season.

Lowe, Bird, Knight this season. 

Already excited to see who pushes on from the academy next season. Will Buchanan and Whittaker make the step up? Or are there others ready to overtake them? 

These are not just players coming in and filling gaps for injuries either, these players are genuinely outperforming our experienced pros. 

Maybe that Bennett lad may have a chance 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Wait until Max Hunt gets back from loan! 

He’s an interesting one. Smart signing but then looked a bit ? in the u23s.

superb physique for a centre half. I remain hopeful that he’ll turn out to be good. 

Archived