Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, Keepyuppy said:

I can’t say I’m a fan of loaning a player from another club, when there is no chance of signing them permanently. I’d much sooner scout the lower leagues for a ‘diamond’ in the making. 
a prime example of this is Matt Clark £1.5m. John Stones cost £1.5n.
Harry Maguire was in my £750k. 
Other clubs do it , what’s wrong with our Scouts - are they completely useless ?. Looks like they are !!

Get your bloody act together DCFC !! 

For every Clarke, Stones, Maguire - there's 3 or 4 for each that don't make the grade. 

Look at Manure, the contacts and resources they must have and can't recruit for toffee.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With Leicester looking to sign Vestergaard that would give them 4 first team centre backs with Soyuncu Evans Morgan. Maybe we could try an 18month loan for Benkovic? He will still be 5th choice next season.

Morgan is 36, he's well down the pecking order.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

For every Clarke, Stones, Maguire - there's 3 or 4 for each that don't make the grade. 

Look at Manure, the contacts and resources they must have and can't recruit for toffee.

Exactly - for those who criticise our recruitment 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I agree with that but the problem with Derby is we don’t even try. With the resources we’ve had there’s no excuse for not trying to mine those type of players, particularly when we’ve spunked so much money up the wall on players with no sell on value.

You’ve got to take risks on lower league players because if one of them makes it the sell on value means you’ve at least made your money back. 750k for Duane Holmes, what do you think he’s worth now? 

I think it’s worth taking a shot on at least two lower league players every season, particularly when you see someone like Holmes who clearly has the talent but was written off as too small by Sunderland’s scouts the season before we signed him. Take a low cost risk.

13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I have watched Vestergaard a number of times and always come away with opinion that he's utter tripe. The performance against Leicester where they lost 9-0, I think he was dragged off. I can't see Leicester being interested purely because of that; he was castrated live on TV against them. 

I'd certainly be raising my eyebrows as a Leicester fan, especially as Benkovic (you would think) should at least be at the same level - if not better. Not questioning their scouting, btu would surprise me. 

I agree. My son is a Saints fan and Vestegaard is not great. Makes me worry if they think he's better than Benkovic.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I agree. My son is a Saints fan and Vestegaard is not great. Makes me worry if they think he's better than Benkovic.

I believe Fester want Benkovic to go out and get games and experience , Vestegaard will only be for cover for injuries whilst Benkovic is away. So not a matter of them thinking he is better than Benkovic just a short term fix to help him progress.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I believe Fester want Benkovic to go out and get games and experience , Vestegaard will only be for cover for injuries whilst Benkovic is away. So not a matter of them thinking he is better than Benkovic just a short term fix to help him progress.

Yeah, good reasoning.
I wish we could splash £15 million on someone purely to act as cover.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

I agree with that but the problem with Derby is we don’t even try. With the resources we’ve had there’s no excuse for not trying to mine those type of players, particularly when we’ve spunked so much money up the wall on players with no sell on value.

You’ve got to take risks on lower league players because if one of them makes it the sell on value means you’ve at least made your money back. 750k for Duane Holmes, what do you think he’s worth now? 

I think it’s worth taking a shot on at least two lower league players every season, particularly when you see someone like Holmes who clearly has the talent but was written off as too small by Sunderland’s scouts the season before we signed him. Take a low cost risk.

About 1.5 to 2 mill his final ball and decision making is more often than not poor.He does not score enough goals but has energy and the ability to beat a player.He promises more than he delivers.

17 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

About 1.5 to 2 mill his final ball and decision making is more often than not poor.He does not score enough goals but has energy and the ability to beat a player.He promises more than he delivers.

But that's the point. We'll have doubled our money. Worst case is we let him go for nowt at the end of his contract - but with such a low initial figure, there's less to lose.

53 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Makes me worry they think Wes Morgan is better! 

Premiership winner ! 

52 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Short term fix for Leicester - so what are we getting out of this ? 

6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

A decent tall , quick CH who can pass a ball I presume until we can get our own for decent value in the summer window ? 

That’s all fine - but can we seriously actually afford it when we may not desperately need it? We have Davies Clarke wisdom and Forsyth and probably Huddlestone and Evans for 2 positions - we could even possibly get Tomori back for the same price! And he actually plays for his team

don't get me wrong if we were actually getting him long term then no problem 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

That’s all fine - but can we seriously actually afford it when we may not desperately need it? We have Davies Clarke wisdom and Forsyth and probably Huddlestone and Evans for 2 positions - we could even possibly get Tomori back for the same price! And he actually plays for his team

The thought of any of those three in the centre of our defence scares me! ?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Davies is too unreliable playing out from the back. Wisdom, Forsyth, Huddlestone and Evans are either emergency cover at CB, won't be chosen at CB, or injured. A right sided CB is the one position we need to recruit this month.

Archived