Keogh or Cocu

Amberram

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are 100% missing Keogh’s presence on the pitch, Bogle hasn’t looked the same player and that’s not a surprise to me. With Keogh next to him, he could bomb forward all the time he wanted knowing that Keogh is quick enough to recover Bogle’s mistakes whereas Davies is as slow as a turtle. It’s not surprising that Bogle is more hesitant when he’s more worried about being caught out of position and leaving Davies exposed instead of it being more natural. 

4 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

We are 100% missing Keogh’s presence on the pitch, Bogle hasn’t looked the same player and that’s not a surprise to me. With Keogh next to him, he could bomb forward all the time he wanted knowing that Keogh is quick enough to recover Bogle’s mistakes whereas Davies is as slow as a turtle. It’s not surprising that Bogle is more hesitant when he’s more worried about being caught out of position and leaving Davies exposed instead of it being more natural. 

We certainly do need some pace in central defence. 

Personally think its a valid question. We know players have the cliques, we know they can get the bottom lip on, just look at when Nigel Clough got sacked.

Wouldnt be surprised if some of his 'mates' are struggling with team harmony right now, would be very easy to understand some resentment if your mate is sacked and lawrence and bennett arent.

Surely human nature.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Personally think its a valid question. We know players have the cliques, we know they can get the bottom lip on, just look at when Nigel Clough got sacked.

Wouldnt be surprised if some of his 'mates' are struggling with team harmony right now, would be very easy to understand some resentment if your mate is sacked and lawrence and bennett arent.

Surely human nature.

Very speculative but could explain the random application of effort which is very up and down even in the space of a half!

A lot of people think this down to Cocu losing the dressing room but if that was the case the effort would flatline and he’d be on his way out by now.

Something is definitely wrong in that dressing room and I’m not sure it’s as simple as the manager losing the players. Could be what you’ve mentioned mixed in with a few other things and a group of individuals that are mentally weak (in sporting terms)

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Something is definitely wrong in that dressing room and I’m not sure it’s as simple as the manager losing the players. Could be what you’ve mentioned mixed in with a few other things and a group of individuals that are mentally weak (in sporting terms)

What proof do we have of this? Didn't Cocu come out post game and say how united they all were?

Archived