Suggestion

Rambam2014

Personally don’t get why people have to be quite so aggressive over their views on here at times. This is a forum, and a sizeable one at that, so there’s always going to be pretty much every view possible posted on here. Now I get some views may seem utterly ridiculous and like a wind up which doesn’t help matters, but surely the best thing to do in that situation is just to laugh it off, not respond with childish name calling. I saw some of the posts before they were removed last night and I just cannot see the need. Most members of course on here aren’t like that, but it has happened before and I just think people need to calm down. Just because someone has a different/ negative view doesn’t give them any less right to post on here, and they don’t deserve to be abused, name called or aggressively attacked by posters who can’t stand people having different views to them.

Everyone on here is a Derby fan in their own way, and it should be a place for calm debate (which in the main it is of course, thanks to the moderators on here) over different views, not an argument over who’s the better fan.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway back to the game thought Cocu got the team and tactics right, if we have kept Clarke on we would have won that, well that the way I saw it, first half we played the better football, thought Lawrence, Bielik and Martin all looked good, think Cocu is getting his message across about how we should play, Bogle also good first half. Than made that error, which all young players can do, and he will learn from it, but second half thought Forest where the better team, but we still had a couple of good chances, Marriott near the end, but all in all not much between the 2 teams, so plenty of positives to take, looking forward to see how this team develops and Rooney to come, still think we can make top 6, Forest in the final anyone 

This forum is too sanitised already it's a football forum after all .Don't dish it out if you can't take it ,you could call it the snowflake section.

P.S going off topic would work, I was commenting on one player because the thread had gone off topic and it was discussing someone else.

4 hours ago, Rambam2014 said:

I am aware that this is in the wrong section and will probably get moved, but it refers to how threads specifically in this section have a habit of evolving in to un-necessary nastiness.  I have got my tin hat out and I'm ready for some flak.

Football forums are places that are meant to raise passions and football is all about opinions.

God knows we've had our fair share of devisive stuff to deal with recently. 

I read a lot of the threads on this (mostly) great forum, and the difference of opinion and differing points of view make it a brilliant place to keep up to date with our club.

A well balanced debate with arguments from both sides is the whole point of these places.

BUT.......all too often threads that start out with a genuine subject quickly lose any sight of the original topic and turn into something completely different.

My suggestion for our mods;

When threads descend in to back and forward nasty abusive rows, would it be possible for them to be moved in to a new section, perhaps titled "The Forum Playground" or "The Kindergarten" or even "Get Yourselves A Room"

A request button to "Move to the Playground", with a need for at least six requests, would highlight when a thread had turned nasty.

There would be no need to close or delete these threads. People could continue their battles and their fueds as they wish.  And then keep the original thread open for others to continue with on topic discussions.

Not against people having a keyboard warrior row, but if it is not possible to continue a thread without going completely off the original topic and dropping down in to the gutter with nasty personal abusive replies which often are nothing to do with the theme of the original thread, just go and do it somewhere else.

I know i cannot speak for everyone, but from my point of view it really puts me off from joining in, even continuing to read some threads once they have turned into a row with very little resemblance to the original thread.

This is not a totally serious request, I know it's never going to happen.
But maybe a button and some sort of indicator to highlight that a thread has gone toxic might improve things ?

I highly recommend to use the ignore option.  

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I think you started it all mate, hope you think before typing next time I should not have responded to you, well I have learnt my lesson, I do usually just keep it to football but last night I went a touch to far. 

Best thing to do is agree to disagree on this one.

At least you've been honest enough to admit you shouldn't have responded to me (in the manner which you did) but time to move on.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I feel I must defend Tyler Darden to a degree here having been on the end of Mr/Mrs/Ms Harliss’s opinion in the past, apparently I only post negative stuff that he/she took exception to one evening a while back.

Maybe Tyler posted he couldn’t be arsed because not attending or watching was a big deal for him, he’d become so disillusioned what was at one time unthinkable, occurred, I don’t know. 

I do feel he shouldn’t have had to justify himself to people with an ‘I’m a better fan than you mentality. The level of righteousness made me want to puke.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself thankyou 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Best thing to do is agree to disagree on this one.

At least you've been honest enough to admit you shouldn't have responded to me (in the manner which you did) but time to move on.

Agree its all about the football anyway, we all see things in a different way, Once Aram Always A Ram, enjoy your Sunday. 

i think the forum is pretty good as it is.  It does however irk me when posters resort to name calling, or speaking down to a poster who they disagree with.  i find that cheap, dishonest and an attempt at bullying, willfully trying to belittle and hurt someone's feelings to get the upper hand in an argument.  On the rare occasions i've been the recipient of such tactics i admit, i enjoy responding in kind and perhaps then some, my stance being, don't go there if you don't want some.  On the other hand, i have had robust discussions with posters who enjoy a spirited debate and don't take any of it personally, take a dig without going over the top and can take receiving it as well.  i tend to give such posters likes at various available opportunities.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

The thing that I find most frustrating is when you get back from a match and would like to read some constructive debate about how we played and you have to wade through pages and pages of petty squabbling from people who are just here to annoy or pick an argument.

It just makes me turn away and not bother to post. I'm sure given the quietness of the match day thread for such a big game that others feel the same. 

I would like @angieram to start a new thread with her report after each game, so I could go straight to that rather than crawl through the pages of usually dull stuff immediately after a game, especially if we lose.

I actually trust her reports more than any other source, either professional or amateur.

13 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I feel I must defend Tyler Darden to a degree here having been on the end of Mr/Mrs/Ms Harliss’s opinion in the past, apparently I only post negative stuff that he/she took exception to one evening a while back.

Maybe Tyler posted he couldn’t be arsed because not attending or watching was a big deal for him, he’d become so disillusioned what was at one time unthinkable, occurred, I don’t know. 

I do feel he shouldn’t have had to justify himself to people with an ‘I’m a better fan than you mentality. The level of righteousness made me want to puke.

Ok.  I took exception to a post and challenged it.  A difference of opinion ensued.  Eventually all the replies I got were condescending one liners that I felt were to antagonise me.

My last post which along with a whole section of posts that were deleted actually said that ‘ I’m tired and emotional and shouldn’t have carried on the argument and that we are all DCFC and we can agree to disagree etc.’

There were also about 4-5 other regular posters that took exception to @Tyler Durdenposts.

But it’s only me being called out.

Ive had one disagreement with @Pearl Ram so I feel it’s wrong to bring it up trying to suggest that it’s me who is a problem poster. I’ve never had an argument over a singular post that I have made.  But I do regret arguing about posts made by others.

Nobody had an ‘I’m a better fan than you mentality ‘ in the thread if you read it back.  

I will apologise for challenging posts that I find completely unproductive and will cease to do so from now on.

1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Ok.  I took exception to a post and challenged it.  A difference of opinion ensued.  Eventually all the replies I got were condescending one liners that I felt were to antagonise me.

My last post which along with a whole section of posts that were deleted actually said that ‘ I’m tired and emotional and shouldn’t have carried on the argument and that we are all DCFC and we can agree to disagree etc.’

There were also about 4-5 other regular posters that took exception to @Tyler Durdenposts.

But it’s only me being called out.

Ive had one disagreement with @Pearl Ram so I feel it’s wrong to bring it up trying to suggest that it’s me who is a problem poster. I’ve never had an argument over a singular post that I have made.  But I do regret arguing about posts made by others.

Nobody had an ‘I’m a better fan than you mentality ‘ in the thread if you read it back.  

I will apologise for challenging posts that I find completely unproductive and will cease to do so from now on.

Sorry but just to add ( against my better judgement) I have to say , I never comment on a game I haven’t been to.  I’ve never been a negative poster, in fact a happy clapper. 

If you want the forum to be full of negative posts by people that don’t go to the game then fine, I’ll just stick to being positive at the match.

8 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

No, I agree. I felt it was more disbelief that someone who couldn't be bothered to watch our 'local F*rest Derby' should then come on the match thread and have such set negative views.

7 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Sorry but just to add ( against my better judgement) I have to say , I never comment on a game I haven’t been to.  I’ve never been a negative poster, in fact a happy clapper. 

If you want the forum to be full of negative posts by people that don’t go to the game then fine, I’ll just stick to being positive at the match.

U make some great points mate, love your comments after a game, and yes being positive is much better than being negative all the time. And as we have seen the last few games we have started playing a lot better, and with a bit more luck, we would have had a point or 3 better off, hope we come back with all guns blazing after the international break, keep your positive attitude alive mate, Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Archived