Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I have to say I'm pretty confident with Roos when it comes to things like direct FKs. He's such a good shot stopper with a big frame, it would really take something great to beat him, I feel.

Do you mean like a well struck corner?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next corner finds Shinnie at the near post who flicks it on; but its blocked and Boro counter. Holmes commits a foul to snuff it out.

That's the second Derby corner from the right side that's found Shinnie at the near post. 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I just want to mention a play shortly before the goal.

A cross came in from Bogle; Martin stretched and headed it straight into the air. He then won the header again, somehow, and headed it down to Martin but at hip height. Otherwise that would have been 1-0.

How Boro's defenders and GK allowed Martin to head a ball twice in a row in their area is mind-boggling.

Come on @SaintRam you’re slipping , you know you meant to say mind-Bogleing 

We look a thousand more times threatening today. Even threatening from corners and crosses. Lawrence looking great. Martin and Marriott working well together and now Boro down to 10 men. Hopefully Bielik is ok. Mighth ave to bring Evans on as a precaution.

Shortly before the sending off:

Shinnie with a great ball upfield to Marriott one-on-one with a defender. His shot is blocked, he recovers the ball and lays it off to Holmes who's shot is blocked. It rolls to Lawrence, who's shot is blocked. It bounces to Martin, who can't make a decision surrounded by Boro defenders, eventually shooting - which is blocked. 

Boro make a sub; to compensate for the lost player.

There's a discussion on Derby's sideline as to whether or not Bielik should come off. Evans warming up. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Shortly before the sending off:

Shinnie with a great ball upfield to Marriott one-on-one with a defender. His shot is blocked, he recovers the ball and lays it off to Holmes who's shot is blocked. It rolls to Lawrence, who's shot is blocked. It bounces to Martin, who can't make a decision surrounded by Boro defenders, eventually shooting - which is blocked. 

Damn. Would've been 5-0 then without all those blockages.

Great ball from Lawrence up to Marriott, lays it off for Martin. Eventually finds shinnie who lays it off to a Boro defender, with no nearby Derby player, and looks like he wants to hit himself in the face with a bat. I assume that was because the Boro kit is VERY SIMILAR to Aberdeens.

Derby playing great football today.

Archived