When has opinion ever been so divided?

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen much worse times and fan divisions over the years so I'm just going to see how this one pans out.

In my opinion, there is no real divide amongst the fans. Most people are of a same mind that a few players acted like complete bamfords and deserve whatever the courts throw at them. 

Should they have played prior to the court case? I'd say no,  but I wouldn't fall out with any of my mates who thought otherwise.

Once again, its social media that makes people think its a yes or no. When you talk face to face there's more depth to the conversation so you don't walk away so entrenched that you are right and the other chap is wrong.

I just think there was some folk on here prior to 6.45pm last night who were quite happy for the pair to be sidelined until at least after the court hearing later this month. However these same folk changed their tune once they were selected.

I think that’s what had anger and divided. 

7 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I just think there was some folk on here prior to 6.45pm last night who were quite happy for the pair to be sidelined until at least after the court hearing later this month. However these same folk changed their tune once they were selected.

On the surface, that’s what I did. But really, I had my own personal opinion yet will accept the fact that Cocu knows more about the current situation than me. Therefore, I’m happy to back his decision.

7 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I get that but I'd suggest its only a tiny number. Most fans aren't on here and will form their views based on real life conversations. I really don't believe there is a huge divide as such.

Its going to be a tough season. We don't look great. Forest have stolen a march on us. The manager will come under increasing pressure and we have the arrival of wazza still to come. There will be a spectrum of opinion on everything from Captain Derby's left testacle to cocu's fringe. There will be political and economic storms, crisp packets placed in fridges, cups of tea where the milk went in either first or last, irritable bowells, bamford dives, sausage shortages, photos of knees and plates of food; player ratings, lucky pants, babies born and doggies die. And through it all there will be a forum for Derby fans to rant and rave, joke about, love and loathe, help and support; all the many facets of love, life and work through Ram shaped googles. So Live and Let live, protect and survive, let it all hang out, and don't let anything get too much under your skin.  Its only life afterall. Xxx

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Its going to be a tough season. We don't look great. Forest have stolen a march on us. The manager will come under increasing pressure and we have the arrival of wazza still to come. There will be a spectrum of opinion on everything from Captain Derby's left testacle to cocu's fringe. There will be political and economic storms, crisp packets placed in fridges, cups of tea where the milk went in either first or last, irritable bowells, bamford dives, sausage shortages, photos of knees and plates of food; player ratings, lucky pants, babies born and doggies die. And through it all there will be a forum for Derby fans to rant and rave, joke about, love and loathe, help and support; all the many facets of love, life and work through Ram shaped googles. So Live and Let live, protect and survive, let it all hang out, and don't let anything get too much under your skin.  Its only life afterall. Xxx

Forest are 2 wins ahead of us in their best season ever, hardly a march. Early days, supremely confident, COYR

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Given the state of that post - rambling and confused - the most likely explanation is the consumption of comparable amounts of alcohol as last week

Chris Martin caused quite a divide on here once over but I'll stick my neck out here and say he's changed some peoples opinion with his renaissance this season. Having said that there will still be a few hardcore haters that will still be sticking pins in a CM shaped voodoo doll everytime he scores. 

7 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I think that’s what has angered and divided. 

7 hours ago, philmycocu said:

Forest are 2 wins ahead of us in their best season ever, hardly a march. Early days, supremely confident, COYR

Wrong. They’ve won the league*

*if you listen to the pair I work with.

Archived