When has opinion ever been so divided?

DarkFruitsRam7

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

A few points, if I may...

With respect, this works both ways.  Those that are happy to accept things are accused of low standards.  A lack of morals.  Those that have recorded their dismay/anger/shame etc are being accused of being angelic (not in a good way!), disloyal (to DCFC), and somewhat precious.
There appears... if these pages are any proof... to be no middle ground.
Personally, I'd like to be at least a little miffed (less so now than a week ago, in all honesty), without being asked/expected to hand in my badge.

On a personal note, I would say it is inadvisable to accuse someone... anyone... of "losing their shizzle" midway through a ranting, and dare I say confrontational rant of their own.  It reeks of double standards, imo.

Finally, may I be so bold as to ask a impertinent question... is your rant above, and elsewhere earlier this evening, in any way related to the fact that we are now approaching "late on a Friday night".  I wonder why you have not had such a rant at any other time during the past week and a half, since these discussions first began.  Apologies if you have.  I wouldn't have missed them if so, but I am bad at remembering "who said what, and when"!

A classic, 'I don't mean to be rude but' post dressed up as rationale. Allow me then to retort. Who exactly has 'accepted things'? I think the sense that these lads have let everybody down is universal but feel free to cite any post saying what they've done is excusable. Take as long as you need.

Next, hand in your badge? Get over yourself. I don't care one iota either way. Have I not made that clear? You could have addressed this in your first reply but it seems you needed to gather the courage of your convictions but we'll set that aside for all it's worth. The hallowed middle ground you refer to is allowing the courts and the club to undertake their respective processes but if you need to believe otherwise feel free to do so. It's water off a duck, especially given I've now made that exact point half a dozen times in this thread alone.

As for my post 'reeking', that's fine by me. I'll not apologise for reaching the end of my tether with folk who steadfastly refuse to see any other plausible course of action than instant retribution. I count you in that number to be honest, despite your attempt to garner the middle ground.

Lastly, the snide inference about the timing of the post really does you no favours. It clearly suggests that to you, that matters more than the context and content of what I've written. If my syntax is such that you feel I may be under the influence, then I guess that's just one more thing for you to feel superior about which ironically, is exactly the attitude which led to my 'rant' in the first place. As for whether you can feel 'miffed', fill your boots. As I stated in my initial response, I'm not your keeper any more than you are mine. We'd best leave it there now as I've had 'holidays' before and you'll not be the cause of another.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2019 at 22:51, Remy the hare said:

I just think there was some folk on here prior to 6.45pm last night who were quite happy for the pair to be sidelined until at least after the court hearing later this month. However these same folk changed their tune once they were selected.

I think that’s what had anger and divided. 

If this was two players bang in form I could maybe understand Cocu’s thinking but let’s be honest they aren’t are they. 
Both simply haven’t produced anywhere near enough to justify selection with or without this incident hanging over them. 
The difference in the club since Frank left is like an Ocean between us, personally I am fed up of Cocu’s football and I’m starting to want an end to this shambles, not quite there yet but I’m not far away. 

Archived