Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone seems to have put the hoodoo on us. We've had Spygate. We've got the off pitch dramatics with nobby Gibson, then the now infamous club night out, losing our club captain and now probably our most talented passer injured for who knows how long from taking a penalty for Fs sake.  What next? 

Still, if we keep winning I shan't complain. Everything happens for a reason right?  

Much much better as half went on wasn't it. 

Really struggled at first to beat the press but now their press is our best weapon

The team seem to be understanding Martin really well. 

Their plan on set pieces is to clearly drop it right on Roos. Glad he made a catch because he needs the confidence in that area big time. 

Bielik is class but he makes some truly terrible errors. Kind of amusing some of them if we get away with it. 

Holmes is funny. Having a right tear up but I don't think Barnsley actually realise he's kicking and shoving them. ?

Fun game. Not hard to win if we take the confidence that if you do beat their press then they're hopeless. 1 touch from Martin and they're wide open to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Paterson is growing on me rapidly 

And me. 

Brilliant half and looks like he's having good fun. Linking off Martin and enjoying the freedom given from 2 DM's

Well impressed. 

The last time I didn't want a winger like him was Tom Ince who I very much miss. Feels good to be wrong

43 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sorry it’s duck all to do with Roos that ball was whipped in and they’re lad dominated whoever the duck was meant to be marking him 

we need a dominant centre half period 

Always a problem defensively running back to goal . More than Roos coming our

7 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Could this be our ideal line-up right here now, just swap Paterson for Rooney in Jan

Based on recent games I'd sign Pato permanently and swap Lawrence for Rooney in the lineup.

Not because of what's gone on this week; but because I think Lawrence over-all offers the least out of him, Waghorn, Martin and Paterson.

17 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Only Derby County could end up with a player getting injured whilst taking a penalty ffs ?

A couple of seasons ago Darren Bent did his Hamstring taking a penalty. Was out for around 6 months as I recall. 

Hope it's not the same with Huddlestone. 

Just now, therealhantsram said:

A couple of seasons ago Darren Bent did his Hamstring taking a penalty. Was out for around 6 months as I recall. 

Hope it's not the same with Huddlestone. 

Huddlestone was pointing at his foot. 

Archived