Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The difference is we’ve started the season dogshit, don’t look like improving. Are currently 18th in the league ..should be working harder to improve the position not out on the lash.

The post Leeds celebrations warranted IMO, let your hair down after a hard fought victory with a potential place in the Prem to follow.

We still had our most important game in 5 years to come though, didn't we?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

All four of them can get gone as well. Total lack of professionalism. We’ll never get anywhere until we clear the dressing room of this rotten attitude to football. Want to see players who care enough about the club to not be getting hammered when they should be focusing on working out why we’re performing so poorly and sorting it. There’s a culture at the club that needs to be cleared out, who knows how often this sort of stuff has happened in the past as well! Quite a few of us have said in the past it feels like something within the club isn’t right, all these sudden failings and manager sackings. Maybe it’s not the managers to blame, but the players instead and a lack of care about the club? Who knows, but we certainly cannot accept this blatant lack of professionalism and lack of respect for the managerial team. Should be honoured to work under Cocu, not undermining him doing stupid poo like this. Have to take a strong stand here and get rid of them all, either by sacking the drunk drivers, or selling the rest. Have to clear this out the club right now. 

Certainly at the very least don’t want to see anyone involved featuring tomorrow or for the foreseeable future.

Feel so bad for MM and Cocu. Totally let down by players they pay well and do everything for.

A take so hot you could fry an egg on it

4 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Hold on. I kind of get the celebration of the Leeds game being followed by a drink and a party as it was such a momentous occasion winning in that fashion at Elland Road and making Wembley.

But Tuesday was a fiasco. Team building exercises are fantastic but to end in that way is a joke. Never want to see those included have the divine luck of wearing a ram on there chest ever again.

That's not what I'm saying though, some are criticising players just for being part of the group that potentially stayed out past 8pm and had a few drinks and then didn't break the law, calling them the 'after 8 club' and wanting them all gone!

The events of near midnight on Tuesday night are completely unacceptable, and those involved should be punished with full force, but the being out and having a few drinks and being in some videos is no different to what happened in May.

37 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

As the club statement “They should have known when to stop and also ignored the opportunity to be driven home using cars laid on by the club, and chose to stay out.”  Just because they weren’t stupid enough (hopefully) to drive home, they are now part of online videos circulating portraying the club in a very bad light.

They've probably been part of videos like that before but because of what happened near midnight on Tuesday these videos are now out there where as the others weren't.

They weren't to know what would happen later on when the videos were taken.

You can't punish them for something that probably seemed perfectly normal at the time (the most recent video at least) because of what happened later.

You can only ask that they think before putting videos out there in the future.

20 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

That's not what I'm saying though, some are criticising players just for being part of the group that potentially stayed out past 8pm and had a few drinks and then didn't break the law, calling them the 'after 8 club' and wanting them all gone!

The events of near midnight on Tuesday night are completely unacceptable, and those involved should be punished with full force, but the being out and having a few drinks and being in some videos is no different to what happened in May.

Yep every right to be angry with those involved in the incident. Anyone else just having a drink....so what. If I go out with my mate for a drink, we get a bit wrecked. I go home and find out later hes got in his car and killed someone, does that make me in some way to blame too? Absolutely not.

25 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

They do change..... there’s hope

People do change ,you’ve done ,I’ve done it and I’m sure we both know lots who have but it’s the cost of not changing that makes us change ,certainly the two that got in a car over the limit need to face the sternest of punishment then they can choose to change or not if they are lucky enough to be given another contract further down the line but the contract they have with Derby has been shxt on by them and should be removed

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Video would be as good as inadmissable in court. Could have been filmed on any day, there's no proof it was filmed that day and the court would have to prove it.

These videos have time/date stamps.  All the police need to do is make a request to Snapchat for the metadata.  Will even have an approximate GPS location...

On a seperate note, just seen a pic, supposedly, showing Keogh's injury.  If it is indeed genuine he'll be lucky to play again...

17 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

They've probably been part of videos like that before but because of what happened near midnight on Tuesday these videos are now out there where as the others weren't.

They weren't to know what would happen later on when the videos were taken.

You can't punish them for something that probably seemed perfectly normal at the time (the most recent video at least) because of what happened later.

You can only ask that they think before putting videos out there in the future.

I’m not advocating punishing them for the videos, just that if there was a “curfew” it’s pretty stupid sharing these whe. They have broke it.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I can't see how that proves speed or not. You sit and watch a car go past at 30 and it looks fast.

That article does disprove quite a bit of stuff being spread about from that leaked audio clip. The lad in that claimed Johnson told them they all fled in Bennett's vehicle to someone's nearby flat before realising they'd forgot about Keogh (who was supposedly unconscious in the back of the car still) and heading back, only to find police were there. The article states a police spokesperson told them Keogh wasn't in the vehicle when they arrived and he was found nearby.

Interestingly, the spokesperson told them that despite an ambulance being sent, no treatment was given. Other articles claim Keogh was unconscious so someone's getting the wrong information given to them. A bad ACL injury, injured wrist(s) and no treatment was given? Bit strange

26 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

On a seperate note, just seen a pic, supposedly, showing Keogh's injury.  If it is indeed genuine he'll be lucky to play again...

I've seen that too and wonder about the validity of it....Reckon it may be 'fake news'. I may be wrong though......

If it is genuine, ouch!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Justa said:

Yes there is judging by the posts/photos going onto Twitter 

They’re all fake. The first responder who is apparently the lad’s Mum and spilling all this rubbish would instantly get the sack if any of it were true. Patient confidentiality.

Archived