Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

It’s complete madness they look completely smashed in these Sun imaged. I kept thinking they would be just over the limited plus bad weather, etc... but sadly that’s not the case. I hope the management team and the squad can come together despite all this and they show a different light to us.

However I just wonder what Cocu must be thinking? He’s seemed lost in interviews up to now but with this madness he looks absolutely bewildered. He must also realise he’s been sold a dud by Morris, because even before all this crap we where nowhere near the playoffs. The Rooney circus rolling in, which with his track record will not help this drinking culture.

I also think Morris must feel like giving up. I’m not his biggest fan but he must feel very very let down by all of this. 

Crazy times. I feel sad ☹️ 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To Martin’s right. Towards the end of the video. 

As to the ‘disgrace’ thing, I don’t know. Sounds like banter though.

I've no idea who's filming. I don't recognise the voice at all. 

Someone who says "bruv" a lot. Paterson looks like he'd say "bruv" a lot. ? 

Bradley Johnson was definitely out and Richard Keogh was definitely unconscious in the back seat.

I have absolutely no issue with that video in the sun at all. Players are human, grown men out having a few beers and getting drunk. They are human and they're allowed.

I've been out many times and seen Derby players blind drunk. Buxton, Keogh, Bryson, Russell, McEveley, Idiakez, Paul Connolly just off the top of my head.

Never a problem.

2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

That’s what I’d heard last night. Not sure whether this will be deleted or not because the crux of the story has come out now, but they forgot about him, drove back when they remembered him and by that time police and rescue were there.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I've no idea who's filming. I don't recognise the voice at all. 

Someone who says "bruv" a lot. Paterson looks like he'd say "bruv" a lot. ? 

About halfway down the article:
"New footage posted on Snapchat by Bennett and obtained by The Sun shows the lads larking about in the bar"
So I'd assume it's Mason filming it if it was on his Snapchat

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

It’ll define him in the short term no doubt, and he’ll be duly punished and take full responsibility of his actions.

What will impress me when all punishment is spent, and what’s done is done..... is that he comes out of this a changed person willing to make amends for what has happened.

I think writing him off is hasty, if it defines him for the better, a lightbulb moment shall we say..... I’ll applaud the way he comes out of it.

As a young man I crashed a car. I was sober but I was also driving like a complete idiot with the invincibility that youth gives you. 

No one was hurt, just a few bruises, a farmers fence and a Manweb wooden electricity pole. I was however incredibly lucky, I apparently missed a scooter rider by a fine margin. The cops, once they discovered I was sober unhurt and insured, left me to it (shift change I think ) 

I spent weeks going round corners in a cold sweat, lost the “thrill” of driving. But I learned a lesson. .. 

The young make mistakes. Assuming no permanent damage is done to anyone else then second chances and judgements from on high need to be tempered with a bit of common sense.

that however doesn’t excuse them or mean they shouldn’t face sanction from the law and others but you can’t damn someone, whoever they are for youthful stupidity, arrogance or whatever. Part of rehab is knowing inside yourself that you efffed up and changing yourself 

All four of them can get gone as well. Total lack of professionalism. We’ll never get anywhere until we clear the dressing room of this rotten attitude to football. Want to see players who care enough about the club to not be getting hammered when they should be focusing on working out why we’re performing so poorly and sorting it. There’s a culture at the club that needs to be cleared out, who knows how often this sort of stuff has happened in the past as well! Quite a few of us have said in the past it feels like something within the club isn’t right, all these sudden failings and manager sackings. Maybe it’s not the managers to blame, but the players instead and a lack of care about the club? Who knows, but we certainly cannot accept this blatant lack of professionalism and lack of respect for the managerial team. Should be honoured to work under Cocu, not undermining him doing stupid poo like this. Have to take a strong stand here and get rid of them all, either by sacking the drunk drivers, or selling the rest. Have to clear this out the club right now. 

Certainly at the very least don’t want to see anyone involved featuring tomorrow or for the foreseeable future.

Feel so bad for MM and Cocu. Totally let down by players they pay well and do everything for.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

All four of them can get gone as well. Total lack of professionalism. We’ll never get anywhere until we clear the dressing room of this rotten attitude to football. Want to see players who care enough about the club to not be getting hammered when they should be focusing on working out why we’re performing so poorly and sorting it. There’s a culture at the club that needs to be cleared out, who knows how often this sort of stuff has happened in the past as well! Quite a few of us have said in the past it feels like something within the club isn’t right, all these sudden failings and manager sackings. Maybe it’s not the managers to blame, but the players instead and a lack of care about the club? Who knows, but we certainly cannot accept this blatant lack of professionalism and lack of respect for the managerial team. Should be honoured to work under Cocu, not undermining him doing stupid poo like this. Have to take a strong stand here and get rid of them all, either by sacking the drunk drivers, or selling the rest. Have to clear this out the club right now. 

Certainly at the very least don’t want to see anyone involved featuring tomorrow or for the foreseeable future.

Tremendous over-reaction 

Once again a certain amount of hypocrisy being shown by our fans, regardless of being in the “cars” or not, why should those that ignored the transport laid on by the club and carried on drinking after this be not punished ?

If all of them had called it a day when they were supposed to, none of this would have happened.

I also wonder why their cars were there in the first place....I fear there is more to this story than has come out already.

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

That’s what I’d heard last night. Not sure whether this will be deleted or not because the crux of the story has come out now, but they forgot about him, drove back when they remembered him and by that time police and rescue were there.

Exactly what I heard too.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Feel so bad for MM and Cocu. Totally let down by players they pay well and do everything for.

All four of who?

2 hours ago, goldstar said:

Fully understand you have a radically different point of view on this but mine will never change. 

I'm 26 and yes if I committed a drink driving then I would expect people to be disgusted in me and see me very differently. It does define him, and his actions now will define how much he is sorry and the person he will become but this should quite rightly never be forgotten.

The fact he didn't kill someone was all down to circumstance, he chose to do something that put people's lives at risk including his own.

Whatever happens I will continue to support the team but my respect for him is gone.

I'm exactly the same age as you - but have a different view. Respect yours completely, though ?

Archived